Denver Counseling Center Client Services Specialist
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
The Client Services Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day client facing operations of Denver Counseling Center (DCC). This includes responsibility of the initial assessment and screening of requests for counseling at DCC. The incumbent assesses for level of care needed, lethality issues, and any pending legal issues. The position supports the Clinical Operations Administrator with orientation and on-site admin needs, and work in collaboration with the Denver Seminary marketing team to manage DCC marketing efforts including social media engagement.
- Oversee the client screening process to assess client needs.
- Assign clients to student counselors and manage the caseload size of each practicum student.
- Assist clinic personnel in marketing and outreach efforts.
- Use the clinic scheduling and recording software to ensure that client sessions are accurately schedule and recorded.
- Assist in preparation and training of students for practicum.
- Support students and clinical supervisor in administrative needs.
- Oversight of the DCC work-study position, ensuring the student is properly trained and supported.
- Must hold an earned clinical master’s degree, preferably from a CACREP program.
- Must be registered with DORA and hold clinical credentials in good standing
- Understands the importance of client confidentiality and can keep information confidential.
- Experience with administrative tasks is preferred.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Maintains a professional demeanor when working with colleagues, students and the public. Understands the importance of confidentiality and works to preserve confidentiality as required.
- Experience in administrative roles with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires the ability to problem solve and be a self-starter who can initiate processes, programs, organization, record maintenance, and creating efficient processes.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and Outlook programs.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of DCC Client Services Specialist supports this mission by ensuring:
- Clients will be supported and connected with appropriate counseling services or referrals.
- Students will be well-supported in the administrative components of their practicum experience.
- Supervisors will be supported in the administrative components of their work at DCC.
- Students will have various clinical resources made available to them to support their clinical work at DCC.
- Effectively screening and assigning clients to the appropriate student counselors and providing referrals to community partners as necessary
- Assist in the administration of an effective counseling experience.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
If the candidate is licensed in the state of Colorado to be able to supervise counseling clinical supervisors, this role may be elevated to Client Services Supervisor. This position will be paid at a higher rate than postedTo Apply: See above website