Development and Fundraising
Bridge of Hope is ending homelessness for single mothers and their children in the Greater Denver Area. As a Christian nonprofit, Bridge of Hope is committed to loving our neighbors, equipping the Church to serve families facing homelessness, and transforming the lives of struggling families with real supports that enable them to go from homelessness to stability.
In recent years, Bridge of Hope has experienced rapid expansion, growing from serving three families in a year to thirty families in 2022. The Bridge of Hope team is highly competent, experienced, and motivated. Staff operate with a high level of autonomy and are given the support and resources to succeed. Bridge of Hope is currently seeking a Development Coordinator to join our team.
The Development Coordinator is a multidisciplinary position supporting various fundraising activities to including: special events, marketing, fundraising, database management, direct mail, donor qualification, cultivation, and stewardship, social media, and other fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or nonprofit management, or a related program of study, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, and proofreading skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience in a marketing and communications role (may include creation/production of collateral materials, social media management, marketing/communications strategy).
- Event management experience.
- Experience with donor relationship management systems (preferably Bloomerang) and best practices.
- Proficient in Google Workspace applications and Constant Contact.
- Ability to conceptualize multi-step processes, effectively coordinate with co-workers and outside vendors as necessary, and independently pursue projects to completion.
- An understanding of and a commitment to the mission of Bridge of Hope Greater Denver. To engage Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
- Active member of a Christian faith community that confesses Jesus Christ as divine Lord and Savior, with a strong personal faith experience.
- Position requires a valid driver’s license and availability of a vehicle.
- Participate in and supports the planning and implementation of all special events with an emphasis on event logistics.
- Assist with collecting, managing, and distributing auction items.
- Support the special events committees.
- Manage event vendors.
- The Development Coordinator will recruit, train and supervise volunteers, and participate in post-event evaluations.
- Managing event logistics including, but not limited to, project management, securing and managing outside vendors, and working with volunteers.
- Supports the development, production, and mailing of marketing and fundraising materials (annual reports, annual campaign materials, brochures, flyers, invitations, etc.)
- Produce and distribute a monthly supporter e-newsletter.
- Ensures a consistent, dynamic presence across social media platforms. Create content for social media channels.
Development Support- 40%
- Assist with the development of donor mailings and manager distribution efforts (printing, stuffing, postage).
- Manage the donor database whether it is implementation, exporting/importing, creating mailing list, generating reports, and assisting with data analytics, etc.
- Prepare and distribute gift acknowledgment letters and thank you notes.
- Coordinate peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives and provide support to individuals hosting peer-to-peer campaigns.
- Assist with donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Provide administrative support to the development manager as needed.
- Support and collaborate with the Development Manager.
- Bring our new development ideas to the Bridge of Hope team to enhance fundraising efforts.
Other Duties As Needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a part-time position up to 20 hours per week. The salary range for the position is $20-$22/hr. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
- PTO and holiday pay
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work from home 75% of the time
- Cell phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement for all work-related travel
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Moore at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org