Development and Fundraising
At CrossPurpose, we believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. CrossPurpose is a faith-based organization, affiliated with Providence Bible Church, and we believe that the non-profit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom. As an employee of CrossPurpose, you will be joining a Christian community on a mission to abolish all forms of poverty in Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on. We actively strive for diversity in our workforce. To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out https://www.crosspurpose.org/about-us/.
CrossPurpose has been selected as one of 2021’s Best Places to Work by the Denver Business Journal!
The Development Officer will cultivate philanthropic relationships with individuals, companies, and churches with a passion for eradicating poverty while working closely with the CDO and development team to actively drive fundraising efforts with a focus on major gift philanthropy in support of CrossPurpose’s programs. To serve as the primary relationship of a portfolio of current and prospective donors.
- Cultivate and steward a portfolio of prospects and donors; identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
- Share and listen to stories
- Write gift proposals and make explicit invitations to acts of generosity.
- Track and record donor activity and touchpoints within the Salesforce database.
- Contribute to the goal setting and planning of the major gift strategy.
- Coordinate and execute small cultivation events for the purpose of donor identification and qualification.
- Provide exemplary stewardship communications to donors.
- Participate actively in CrossPurpose staff meetings, cross-departmental projects, initiatives, etc.
- Report and communicate performance metrics relevant to portfolio revenue, actions, retention, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must be excellent with sales and follow through
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, complete work on time and work independently
- Ability to become proficient quickly in Google G Suite and other software.
- Deep passion for the CrossPurpose mission and values.
- The employee must provide a working laptop (PC preferred) and smartphone.
Salary + Benefits:
- Starting Salary Range: $69,000-$91,800
- Bonus: Unique compensation bonus structure (quarterly) in addition to annual salary.
- PTO: 15 days per year, plus the office is closed Christmas Day – New Years Day and staff have limited duties
- Sick Days: 6 per year
- Insurance & Retirement Benefits: Health, dental, vision, workers compensation, unemployment, short term disability, long term disability