Audio and Visual
Digital Media Instructor and Motivator
Position: Digital Media Instructor and Motivator
Employment Type: Part-time, 10 hours per week
Stipend: From $20 to $25 per hour based on qualifications. Bonuses will be given if 8-week course goals and final project are met. This is a 1099 contractor position. Consequently, contractor is entirely responsible for his/her own taxes.
Schedule: This program will begin on June 1 and go until December 31, 2022. Classes will take place two days per week for a total of 5 hours per week. Five additional weekly hours will be paid for staff meetings, class preparation and extra tasks. In-person attendance is required for class times.
Job Description: Do you have a passion for creating positive messages via social media (TikTok, YouTube, podcasts, etc.) and high school students? Grace and Life Church is seeking a Digital Media Technician and Motivator for students interested in becoming social influencers and creating their own social media platforms that will help reduce violence.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, hardworking, and responsible, as well as have a love for God and for inner-city high school students. The ideal candidate will have experience working with high school students as well as experience in social media and audiovisual technology.
- Teach a daily 20-minute lesson to students on the principles of photography and videography, mechanics of audio-visual equipment (phones, cameras, camcorders, microphones, etc.), and software editing programs.
- Help with the day-to-day organization and management of the program and 20-35 high school students alongside Social Media Instructor
- Assist students during their project work and LivedX journaling times
- Purchase snacks for daily consumption for students
- Develop promo material and help recruit 20-35 high school students interested in becoming social influencers
- Setup a recording studio at facility and direct all camera operations, video production, and still photography in it
- Every other week motivate students with a 20-minute discussion of historical young people who impact(ed) society
- Follow the 28-week syllabus for different social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, podcasting, etc.), and tailor your digital media lessons appropriately.
- Assist students in video and photo editing of their content
- Safekeep and maintain all computer and audio-visual equipment
Requirements & Skills:
- Tech savvy
- Good to excellent verbal skills
- Passion for teaching/working with youth and ability to make everyone feel fully accepted and integrated
- Must be able to use computer editing tools and Google Suite (doc, spreadsheet, meet, and email programs)
- Driver’s license required
- Police background check is required for all persons working with youth under the age of 18
To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.949.4674 to speak with Pastor Scott
Who we are: Grace and Life Church is partnering with the Denver Police Department, The Martin Foundation, and LivedX to connect with high school students, teach them social media skills, and give them an influential voice to address and alleviate factors that can lead young people to commit acts of violence. This project is funded by the Hotspot grant from the Denver Police. Consequently, proselytizing is not permitted during class times, unless a student inquires. This project will take place at Grace and Life Church located at 4201 W. Kentucky Ave., Denver, 80219.To Apply: Pastor Scott Carranza, email@example.com, 303.949.4674