Youth and Children's Ministry
Director of Children’s Ministry
The Director of Children’s Ministry can be either a part-time 15 hour per week position without housing, or a 30 hour per week position including housing (a 2-bedroom apartment) on First Free’s campus in the Andersonville neighborhood (beginning September 2022).
The Director of Children’s Ministry will serve primarily by:
- Curating and planning age appropriate curriculum for the spiritual formation of our children
- Recruiting and scheduling volunteers for nursery (Ages 0 – 3) and classrooms (Age 4 – 1st grade, and 2nd – 5th grade).
- Training and supporting volunteer teachers
- Connecting with and empowering parents to be the primary agents of faith formation for their children
If interested in the position at 30 hours a week, responsibilities will be expanded to match the skillset and gifting of the candidate, as well as the needs of the congregation.
1. Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
2. Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families.
3. Emotionally healthy and mature.
4. Able to balance work and family.
5. Physically capable of sustained activity.
1. Knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development) and religious educational theory and practice.
2. Seeks opportunities to grow professionally.
3. Experience leading and/or serving in Children’s Ministry
4. B.A.; Ministry, Christian Ed., Children’s Ed., or other relevant degree
How to apply
1. Go to firstfree.com, review our Statement of Faith under the “About Us” tab. If there are any questions, concerns, or reservations please mention them in the application.
2. Complete the job application Google form by following this link https://forms.gle/gwTJckh3y6ysJ3EBATo Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org