Director of Contemporary Worship and Livestreaming
This position functions as the director of contemporary worship at South Sub Church for our in-person and online attendees. This includes overseeing worship, general music programs of the church and paid/unpaid musicians & volunteers under the supervision of the senior pastor. This position is a part of the executive staff which includes the Senior Pastor, Traditional Worship Director, and Business Administrator. It is not necessary that the successful candidate be ordained.
Duties and Responsibilities of Worship Ministries
- Leading and building the contemporary worship services by
- Supervise and facilitate the planning, organizing, and leading weekly in-person and live streaming worship services.
- Supervise and facilitate planning, organizing, training and ongoing recruitment of volunteers and staff for tech, including sound, lighting, and live streaming.
- Recruit, train, and build worship teams.
- Plan and organize worship services including rehearsals.
- Provide musical and technical leadership to pursue excellence for worship/music ministries.
- Provide support for the Pastors and Staff for occasional church functions/ministries (SouthSub Kids, SouthSub Youth, VBS, etc.).
- Knowledge and familiarity with Live-Streaming, Light Design, Sound Engineering, Planning Center, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Pro-Presenter
- Talented vocalist
- Experience on keys, guitar, and/or other instruments
- Effective at multi-tasking, time management, and follow up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead worship
- 3 years of related work experience preferred
- A typical work week will be a minimum of 40 hours. It is essential for this role to balance responsibilities while maintaining a high level of concentration and stress tolerance. The physical activity of this job includes sitting, standing, and walking for an extended period of time. This role regularly communicates through talking and hearing and must be able to do so efficiently and effectively. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at South Sub Church is to be a Christian with deep spiritual and moral convictions, agree and represent in word and deed our What We Believe statement as outlined on our website, as well as the policies and procedures of both our Governing Board and Council of Elders.
- Represent the Gospel, South Sub Church, and our statement of faith in all areas of personal and professional life, including social media.
- The salary range for this position is $59,000 to $71,000, dependent upon experience and education.