Director of Counseling Services
Position Title: Director of Counseling Services
Department: Student Life
Location: Dayton, TN
Reports to: Executive Director of Student Life
Status: salaried with benefits
The Director of Counseling Services is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the
Executive Director of Student Life. Responsibilities include counseling and soul care, leadership
cultivation, and contribution to and participation with the Student Life team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Counseling and Soul Care
● Counseling and providing spiritual direction to students
● Assessing mental health needs for determination of appropriate levels of care
● Developing a network of clinical therapists for referrals
● Acting as a resource for faculty and staff in their work with students
● Keeping appropriate records by becoming proficient with Titanium (EMR
● Maintaining department budget
● Develop preventative wellness programming across campus
● Maintain and schedule clients with counselors based on their areas of expertise
● Be familiar and comfortable with the use of Teletherapy
● Remain up to date on all legal and ethical issues within the field so that
Counseling Services remain compliant
2. Leadership Cultivation
● Providing strong leadership for the part-time counselors as well as any other
personnel working as a part of Counseling Services
● Training appropriate personnel in counseling issues
● Maintain and recruit interns for an internship program for graduate interns in
counseling and soul care
● Developing ways to promote counseling and soul care among Bryan constituents
3. Student Life Team
● Working along with other Student Life team members in promoting soul care
among employees of the college
● Aiding in shared projects in the work of Student Life
● Promoting a healthy team environment through participation in the larger life of
the Student Life team
● Directly manages part-time counselors
The Director will carry out managerial responsibilities under the organization’s policies
and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work.
The Director will also work alongside the Executive Director of Student Life to interview
and hire employees, address complaints, and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER QUALITIES:
● Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His
● Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.
● Character traits of honesty, integrity, reliability.
● Confidentiality is a component of the counselor’s ethical responsibilities.
● An ability to get along well with the public, students and coworkers.
● A desire to provide excellent “customer service.”
● An ability to work well with little supervision.
● Good organizational skills.
● Attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals to perform the
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
● Master’s degree (M.A.) in counseling
● Additional credentials
o LPC – Licensed in the State of Tennessee or ability to become Licensed
o MHSP – Mental Health Service Provider
o Qualified Clinical Supervisor (preferred)