Director of Discipleship
The home is the primary place of discipleship. Hackberry Creek Church (HCC) is made up of people who are following Jesus both when we gather for worship on Sunday and when we are sent out to our homes, workplaces, schools, and other activities. HCC places a high value on being together in our worship and discipleship ministries which informs and frames how we spend the other 166 hours a week. The job of the Director of Discipleship is to equip HCC to faithfully follow Jesus, both through ministry programs and through daily discipline as individuals and families.
Essential Functions of the Role
• Develop relationships with members of HCC and discern spiritual gifts and ministry interests to know how to invite them to participate and lead in various areas of ministry at HCC
• Equip members of HCC to engage in ministry together and ensure every church member is involved in serving and being ministered to
• Provide leadership and development to the Discipleship ministries of HCC including Sunday school, Bible studies, small groups, as well as men’s and women’s ministries
• Provide direct oversight to the small group ministry to support current groups and empower leaders of new groups to expand this ministry
• Develop ministry teams within the church to foster greater discipleship. Facilitate and guide the congregation to take active ownership in their ministries.
• Provide cohesion across the children’s, youth, and adult discipleship ministries (Bible studies, small groups, Sunday school, etc.) to foster intergenerational relationships
• Be an active member in the life and ministry of HCC, in worship, discipleship, and mission
• Demonstrate a Christ-centered focus in your faith walk at work and at home
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2485To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2485