Youth and Children's Ministry
Director of Kid’s Ministry
POSITION SUMMARY: Direct ministry programs to provide Christian education to children birth through fifth grade. Have spiritual maturity, a special aptitude for ministering to young families and their children and a proven love for Christ.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct ministry staff, programs and activities to provide Christian education to children birth through fifth grade in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Develop and communicate ministry goals to Church staff and congregation.
- Work with other ministry directors to coordinate and integrate Christian education programs for all age groups.
- Recruit, train and supervise lay persons for all areas of Kids Ministry – Sunday School Teachers, Midweek, Children’s Church Teachers and for other areas of service to children’s ministry.
- Direct all aspects of Kids Ministry.
- Implement/administer the CCPC Child Protection Policy and train staff to use it.
- Work with the Pastor and kids@creek staff to select curricula for all children’s ministry programs which is age appropriate and consistent with the beliefs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Develop supplemental activities and materials.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding their child(ren)’s conduct/progress and ministry activities/events.
- Manage emergency/crisis situations as required; i.e., child misbehavior, medical problems, building evacuations, etc.
- With guidance from the Executive Pastor, develop and implement annual orientation and direct all ministry special events.
- Maintain the required standards as set forth by the Colorado minimum rules and regulations for childcare centers and the Church’s child protection policy.
- Supervise all kids@creek staff members: recruitment and selection, training, daily work assignments and employee relations.
- Assist the Executive Pastor to manage the ministry budget in fiscally responsible manner.
- Meet with the Children’s Ministry teachers, leaders and ministry elder. Collaborate with Pre-School and Play-School Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Christian beliefs compatible with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent relevant education and work experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Colorado’s Minimum Rules and Regulations for Child Care Centers and the Church’s Child Protection Policy.
- Minimum three years’ relevant experience working with children, birth through six years of age, preferably in a church or school environment. Minimum one year relevant teaching experience. Sunday School teaching experience preferred. Children’s ministry work experience in a church or para-church setting very desirable.
- Minimum two years’ supervisory work experience.
- Must be free of evidence of personal conduct which may be injurious to children; a background record check by fingerprint will be conducted to ensure that the successful applicant has not been accused of, charged with, committed, plead guilty to and/or been convicted of physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, molestation or exploitation of a minor or any other felony or non-traffic related misdemeanor.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Experience using church-specific database management software.
- Experience with office equipment.
- Demonstrated strong, effective oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Experience requiring effective time management, organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Experience requiring effective problem-solving skills and the ability to be flexible and innovative when unexpected circumstances arise.
- Work experience requiring effective management of crisis/emergency situations
- Experience requiring routine and non-routine decision-making with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Have good decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with staff and congregation members within a professional framework.
- Must be a team player and able to collaborate with other staff in a positive, effective manner.
- Must have a teachable spirit and commitment to a joyful work environment.
- Must be flexible and able to maintain a good attitude.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS
Normal office and classroom environments. Occasional active interaction with young children requiring bending, stooping, holding and lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires mental alertness and the ability to think and respond quickly.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org