Director of Music Ministry
Back Creek Church is actively seeking a Director of Music Ministry who has a passion for leading musical worship, promoting congregational singing, and building up adults, youth, and children through music ministry. We are in a growing area of Charlotte NC, 2 miles from the University of North Carolina Charlotte and 4 miles from the suburb of Harrisburg.
For more information about our church and the position, please review our Church Profile and the Director of Music Ministry Position Description.
a. Public Worship and Special Services
i. Work weekly with the Minister to select music for public worship and other special
services (e.g., Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, Funerals).
1. Note: Music selections must promote congregational singing and be in accordance with the Scriptures and doctrinal standards of the ARP Church.
ii. Conduct all instrumentalists and vocalists in leading the congregation in the element of singing during public worship and other special services.
iii. Hold weekly rehearsals to instruct and lead all instrumentalists, vocalists, and audio/video technicians in preparation for public worship and other special services.
iv. Build the visual aids (i.e., text, lyrics) for the elements of public worship and other special services to assist congregational participation.
b. Music Ministry
i. Recruit, lead, equip, and train congregants with musical gifts to serve the church vocally or instrumentally. Seeking new or unused giftedness in the congregation will require intentionality.
ii. Work with the Youth Ministry Committee to build up youth for musical worship – including congregational singing and identifying and developing youth with musical giftedness.
iii. Work with the Children’s Ministry Committee to build up children for musical worship – including congregational singing during public worship and leading music for special Children’s events (e.g., Vacation Bible School).
i. Participate in weekly church staff meetings.
ii. Represent the music ministry on the Worship Committee, which is the standing committee responsible for developing the philosophy of the worship ministry and executing it under the oversight of the Session. This will include:
1. Coordinating with the deacon members to manage the maintenance, repair, and replacement plan for music ministry equipment.
2. Coordinating with the Technology Committee to maintain worship related licenses and subscriptions.
3. Coordinating with the A/V Team to assist with the training of volunteers on the A/V equipment used for public worship and special services.
i. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and receive and trust in Him alone for your salvation.
ii. Affirm the Bible, the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, as the Word of the living God and the only perfect rule of faith and practice.
iii. Accept the doctrines of the ARP Church, contained in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms, as founded on the Scriptures and the expression of your faith.
iv. Ability to guard one’s heart to see that the musical worship be offered to the glory of God and the edification of His people, not for entertainment or pleasure.
v. Willingness to become a church member; making use of all rights and privileges and fulfilling all responsibilities.
i. Experience in leading musical worship in a blended style – including psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs in both ancient and contemporary arrangements.
ii. Proven aptitude to recruit, lead, equip, and train congregants with musical giftedness to serve the church vocally or instrumentally.
iii. Strong vocal singing ability and excellent musicianship (guitar or piano/keyboard).
iv. Ability to work well within the church’s organizational structure – which includes the Session, Diaconate, committees, staff, and other volunteer teams.
v. Possess working knowledge of the following software applications: Planning Center, ProPresenter, and Abelton Live.
vi. Ability to engage with the technological tools needed for worship services – including the soundboard, video (livestream), and lighting controls.
vii. Competency in basic music administration (e.g., scheduling, maintaining music usage records, budget input preparation, copyright compliance
If you are interested in applying for the Director of Music Ministry, please follow these instructions to ensure there are no delays in reviewing your submission.
1. Email the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume (PDF or DOC file formats preferred).
2. Be sure to include any links to online portfolio or resume sites that would include music samples (If you do not have an online portfolio, please include instructions in your email on how we can access music samples by you).
3. We will only review electronic submissions via email. Please do not send submissions via mail. We will contact you to confirm we have received your submissions and to give you further instructions (if any) on next steps.
If you have questions or need assistance with you submission, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2738To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2738