Director of Music Ministry
Director of Music
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Director of Music models, leads, directs and implements key initiatives related to the worship and music ministries of Venice Presbyterian Church. Leading out of a personal relationship with Jesus, this person is responsible for developing and leading worship ministries that glorify God and inspire people to love and serve God with a spirit of whole-life worship. The Director of Music will be an integral member of the VPC community, actively participating in the life of the church.
· Plan musical elements of worship that draw worshippers into an encounter with the living God and help transform hearts for Christ.
· Communicate and collaborate regularly with pastors, staff, A/V team, and key worship volunteers about all matters related to music and worship.
· Provide musical accompaniment for weekly worship gatherings, special services, memorial services, weddings, and other events as requested by the Senior Pastor.
· Work closely with the AV Team to ensure excellent sound and presentation
· Nurture genuine Christian community among those involved in all church music ministry.
· Plan, arrange, and lead Christ-centered rehearsals and performances of chancel choir and other musical ensembles (both vocal and instrumental).
· Encourage and lead all participants in worship and music ministries to participate fully in the worship of God and to pursue opportunities for spiritual growth.
· Develop VPC’s musical outreach by leading, equipping, and sending VPC church musicians into the wider community to share their gifts in service to Christ (for example: developing inspirational concerts for local nursing homes and retirement communities; leading musical programs for MOPS or Buddy Break – VPC’s monthly ministry for children with special needs).
· Manage budget and expenditures in the areas of worship and music, and provide regular communication with the Executive Director about the use of funds designated specifically for worship and music.
· Maintain Venice Presbyterian Church music library, instruments, and equipment.
· Create, manage, and promote the Venice Presbyterian Church Concert Series.
· Oversee outside music groups using Venice Presbyterian Church facilities.
· Be part of the staff of Venice Presbyterian Church by participating in staff meetings, preparing monthly staff reports, encouraging, praying, and caring for the team.
· Experience leading a church worship/music ministry
· Proficiency in one or more instruments (piano, organ, or guitar highly desirable)
· Theology of worship consistent with Venice Presbyterian Church and the Evangelical/Reformed Tradition
· Ability and willingness to engage with a wide variety of sacred music – from classical church music and traditional hymns to gospel, jazz, and contemporary sacred music
· Strong gifts in organization, administration, and planning
· Desired but not required: proficiency in graphic design and video production
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1634To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1634