Director of Recruitment
Director of Recruitment
At Cross Purpose, we believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. CrossPurpose is a faith-based organization affiliated with Providence Bible Church. We believe that the non-profit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom.
As an employee of CrossPurpose, you will be joining a community on a mission to abolish all forms of poverty in Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on.
CrossPurpose has been selected as one of 2021 and 2022’s Best Places to Work by the Denver Business Journal!
Scope and Position Responsibilities
Lead, manage, and be accountable for the Recruitment Department, responsible for recruiting Leaders and Allies for CrossPurpose’s career and community development program
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: 5
Indirect Reports: 0
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Leader and Volunteer Recruitment
- Community Partnership Development
- Site Support
Leader and Volunteer Recruitment Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategy to achieve recruitment goals
- Collaborate with Program Directors to accomplish our overall programmatic goals
- Maintain effective and efficient processing of interest forms and applications
- Aid in defining our target applicants
- Develop systems for tracking recruitment progress and provide reports to appropriate staff
- Equip and train all staff that are going to assist in recruitment efforts
Community Partnership Development Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with service providers, churches, and organizations in the Denver Metro area that will refer Leader and Ally candidates to our program
Program Support Responsibilities
- Work closely with Program Directors and the Admissions Coordinator to ensure proper hand-off of potential Leaders and Allies to Program Teams
- Demonstrated commitment to centering antiracism work resulting in a diverse, inclusive, and culturally competent organization and staff
- A deep level of knowledge and understanding of the complexity of poverty and familiarity working with issues of poverty
- Evidence of cultural sensitivity in past employment and life experiences, along with the capacity to speak to aspects of their own identity, including race, and how their identity has shaped their leadership behavior and philosophy
- 2+ years of supervision and management experience required, preferably in a complex multi-program environment
- 2+ years of cross-cultural leadership experience
- Track record of cultivating partnerships
- Proven teaching and communication skills with the ability to convey complex messages and inspire trust
- Proven ability to identify and work through conflict and deliver, receive, and convert on growth area feedback.
- Attention to detail, high standards, initiative, and follow-through
- Demonstrated understanding of what it takes to build a supportive, collegial work culture
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field of study
- Strong data management skills required; proficient in Salesforce a plus
- Deep passion for the CrossPurpose mission, values, and core behaviors
- Employee must provide a working laptop (PC preferred) and smartphone
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits
- 40 hours/week
- Salary/Wage: $75,000-$90,000 annually
- Vacation: 15 days per year, plus the office is closed Christmas Day – New Year’s Day and staff have limited duties
- Sick Days: 6 days per year
- Insurance Benefits: Health, dental, vision, workers’ compensation, unemployment, short-term disability, long-term disability
- These and other benefits are discussed in more detail in our Employee Handbook.