Director of Worship
Church Vision – First United Presbyterian Church exists to develop a community that seeks to follow Christ, love others, share the gospel faithfully and disciple the next generation of believers.
Position Overview – First Pres Moline is looking for a part-time director of worship who will work alongside the Senior Pastor to lead and cast vision for the musical and liturgical aspects of worship gatherings. The Director of Worship will recruit, train, and lead all volunteer musicians and audio/visual team volunteers in our worship gatherings.
Reports to – Senior Pastor
- The Director of Worship will give oversight to the worship team which includes church musicians and the audio/visual team.
- Oversee logistical and creative aspects of worship services. Lead collaboration with all participants in weekly worship service.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in implementing weekly and long-range worship planning.
- Select songs for weekly worship, including a mix of new/old hymns, praise songs, modern psalms, etc.
- Collaborate with pastor to design and form weekly liturgy.
- Oversee all necessary worship related operations functions, such as ensuring proper maintenance, tuning, purchase, removal and replacement of all physical worship assets.
- Recruit, train and direct new members to the worship team.
- Advise on needed updates to equipment and technology as needed.
- Able to help plan seasonal services (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.) special services and occasional services (weddings, funerals) if available.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A true follower of Jesus who lives according to the gospel and maintains a heartfelt walk with Jesus.
- Must participate in the life of the church, engaging with its ministries and community.
- Lead weekly worship rehearsals as needed and Sunday morning sound check prior to worship gatherings.
- Able to recruit, evaluate, develop, and direct new musicians and A/V team members.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- The ideal candidate will combine sound theology, spiritual maturity, professional excellence and a joyful, gracious temperament.
- Have a people-oriented and grace-filled spirit.
- Must have organizational, and planning skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Able to receive direction and feedback from church leadership.
Preferences for position
- Able to lead on more than one instrument (piano and guitar – but don’t let this hinder you!).
- Enjoys a mix of old/new hymns, praise songs, psalms, and pursues new music that is theologically rich and singable.
- Able to lead our congregation in learning newer songs and songs relevant to our ministry context.
- A desire to build relationships with musicians and artists from the community.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience leading worship in a church or parachurch ministry environment.
Our Church – First Pres Moline is a 125-year-old church located in downtown Moline, IL along the Mississippi River. Moline is one of the “Quad Cities.” The Quad Cities form a metro of over 300k people. It has a stable economy in engineering, manufacturing and several small colleges and universities. The church joined the EPC in 2016 to connect with other churches aligned with its theological convictions and practice. We hold a complementarian position regarding the office of elder yet have a diversity of theological convictions in non-essentials. We’re in a season of revitalization and healing after some years of hardship. Any who apply should be excited about renewal work and have a desire to know and love the congregation.
Compensation – commensurate with degree(s) and experience
To Apply – email a resume and any audio/visual samples to firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: email@example.com