Director of Worship
Director of Worship
Hours: Full Time – 40+ Hrs
Reports to: Directional Leader – Josh Wison
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Apply Here: www.nhbentonville.com/jobs
The Director of Worship is responsible for leading and creating a passionate and engaged worship culture through song and creative expression. The Director of Worship will work with the directional leader to plan and execute worship services that lead people into God’s presence. They will oversee all aspects of worship at New Heights, including leading worship on Sundays and during special events, audiovisual/live stream, and worship planning/evaluation. They will build and care for a worship ministry team by identifying, auditioning, and training musicians and future worship leaders within the church.
Key Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
- Model authentic and passionate worship of Jesus. The worship pastor is not just the worship leader but the lead worshipper.
- Develop a culture of passionate worship at New Heights Bentonville. Worship is the fuel that ignites ministry in every area of the church.
- Shepherd the church toward a more dynamic and expressive worship response.
- Serve as the primary worship leader on Sunday mornings and during other events.
- Build a thriving worship ministry team by recruiting and developing musicians and other worship leaders,
- Lead worship, service planning, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Innovate by introducing new music and other creative responses in worship.
- Assist other ministries of NHB with worship leader development
- Oversee pastoral care for people within the worship ministry span of care.
- Direct all aspects of our Sunday morning experience: A/V team, live stream, sound system, worship aesthetic, pro presenter, etc.
- Oversee AVL staff
- Feels called by God to worship leadership
- Motivate/Vision Cast
- People gatherer
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Command of room
- AVL experience
New Heights Bentonville Workplace Unifiers
We abide in Christ and pray continually
- The most important thing in your ministry is your personal relationship with Jesus
- The Holy Spirit always has authority to reorder our plans
- Daily time spent with God in His word & in prayer
- Pray with people In ‘real time’
We always assume the best of each other
- Trust each other
- We relate to each other in a Christ-honoring manner
We need Jesus in front of others
- Model authentic, dependence on God’s grace in all settings
- We lead with a limp (Jacob – Gen. 32 ff)
We fight for unity
- There is no “them,” there is only “us”
- We move toward one another in conflict
- Resolve conflicts graciously & Biblically (Matthew 18:15-17)
We protect one another with our words
- We don’t gossip: Is it true? Is it relevant? Is it edifying?
- We outdo one another in honor (Rom. 12:10)
- Clear is kind, drive toward clarity
- Proactively share plans & details with related staff & lay leaders
- All parties are responsible to pursue clarity in meetings or personal conversation
We work hard because The Kingdom matters
- Hold ourselves & others accountable
- Commit to excel in every ministry detail because they impact on our witness & care for others (Colossians 3:23)
- Follow up promptly on emails/phone calls & follow through on commitments
We take risks
- Try new things
- Fail forward
- Turn dreams into reality
We are teachable
- Being a disciple means being a student
- Grow your SHAPE (Skill,Heart,Attitude,Personality,Experience)
- Be approachable at all times
We own the vision together
- We are all on one team
- We collaborate and sacrifice for one another
- We are an idea meritocracy. Everyone’s voice is valued
- Servant leadership means no task is below any staff member
Apply Here: www.nhbentonville.com/jobsTo Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org