Youth and Children's Ministry
Director of Youth Ministries
POSITION TITLE: REPORTS TO: SCOPE OF WORK:
FIRST UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH 801 SIXTEENTH STREET. MOLINE. IL. 61265 309.762.6857 www.fupcmoline.org
Director of Youth Ministry Senior Pastor
To shepherd the youth program, working in coordination with volunteer leaders and parents to expose youth to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, and disciple them for a lifelong walk with Jesus in the 21st century.
Willing to work in a church revitalization context.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Accredited College or Seminary degree with an affirmation of evangelical reformed perspective. At least four years previous youth work or a combination
of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
PRIMARY ABILITIES OR SKILLS DESIRED:
- A gift of teaching and communicating the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people in creative and relevant ways.
- A heart for the lost and the ability to share the gospel clearly and simply with those inside and out- side of the church.
- A love for students and heart to disciple them in such a way that they grow in their love of God, His Word, and others.
- An ability to recruit, organize, communicate to, and support the volunteers in their various roles within the youth ministry.
- A desire to invest and equip the volunteers and youth, so that they can develop the skills to teach, evangelize, and disciple others.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Partnership
- Be an active participant in the life of First United Presbyterian Church.
- Integrate youth into the whole life of First United Presbyterian Church.
- Pursue personal spiritual growth, training and education.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Establish regular office hours. Leadership
- Moderate volunteer leadership team.
- Annually develop goals and objectives that support the vision of the youth ministry, and the vision
and mission of the church as a whole. To be reviewed quarterly with the Senior Pastor.
- Provide a ministry to all youth of the church, not just youth group members.
- Actively participate in the meetings and activities of the youth group.
- Seek to establish relationships with all youth and their parents.
- Partner with parents to minister to their teens.
- Recruit, train, advise and coordinate the volunteers.
- Provide overall supervision of curriculum, instruction, recruitment, and volunteer training for the dis-
cipleship for grades 6-12.
- Lead volunteers and youth in planning annual mission trips and special events.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: To be determined
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resume and teaching samples to email@example.com