Youth and Children's Ministry
Director of Youth Ministry
Timnath Presbyterian Church (TPC) is seeking a committed, compassionate disciple of Jesus to be our next part-time Director of Youth Ministry.
As God’s people, we are called to worship God, to grow in our faith, to serve one another, and to proclaim God’s love in Christ to the world.
As part of our congregational mission, we are looking for a Director of Youth Ministry who will help us develop and grow a youth ministry to mentor and form youth as disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Director of Youth Ministry will work directly with the pastor, under the supervision of the Personnel Committee and Session (board of elders) and will have responsibility for:
- Renewing and creating a sustainable youth ministry for middle/high school students at TPC.
- Building relationships with students and families during church, at youth activities, and outside the scheduled meeting times, including with students currently in the church and those who are not in the church.
- Recruiting, supervising, and leading the ministry teams that work with middle/high school student ministry. This will include training, planning, prayer and encouragement.
- Researching, preparing and, if necessary, creating faith formation materials for Youth Group, Sunday School, retreats, and special events.
- Monthly reports to pastor and Session.
The person who fills this decision must have a vibrant and growing faith in the risen Jesus and be comfortable articulating this faith in a winsome and knowledgeable way.
This person will also…
- Be personable and have a love for working with youth and their families in a church setting,
- Be flexible in planning and have availability to meet and communicate with youth outside of church meeting times,
- Have a desire to participate in the larger life of the church, modeling a life of faith,
- Have a desire and ability to envision a re/new(d) youth ministry at TPC.
Previous Experience in Youth Ministry is preferred. (Fluency in Spanish is a plus.)To Apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Phone: 970-493-8996