Youth and Children's Ministry
Director (student ministry focus)
- Start date: August 1, 2022 or as soon as possible
- Job title: Director
- Area(s) of focus: Primary focus is our ministry for students (grades 6-12), which we call Sola. Depending on the candidate’s skills and interests, additional areas could include our Worship Arts ministry, our partnership with Bethel University (Indiana), other young adult ministry, and/or social media.
Roles and responsibilities
Collaborate with our NextGen staff and volunteer leaders to make disciples by partnering with parents to lead students and their families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Strive “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Eph. 4:12) – not primarily doing the work of the ministry but encouraging and activating the gifts within the body to accomplish ministry. Greater specifics of the role can be provided upon request.
Requirements of the position:
- Be a Christ-follower with a clear story of encountering Jesus and a growing relationship with Him.
- Show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1 Timothy 3, especially those for deacons in vv. 8-13.
- Support the overall vision of North Platte Berean Church, becoming an NPBC partner as soon as possible.
- Connect and collaborate with all other ministry areas, especially the NextGen team.
- Seek to live at peace with all people and commit to being a functioning member of a healthy staff team.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Bible and willingness to teach and to grow in teaching ability.
- Demonstrate a genuine love for and maintain a good rapport with students.
- Be sensitive to needs and pressures of students in current culture.
- Teach, equip, and disciple NextGen staff and volunteers.
- Be in good physical and mental health.
- Be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
- Possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Total package: $51,345 – $53,760 (TBD based on experience and education) – includes salary, retirement, and ministry expense account
- PTO: holidays (7), vacation days (10 the first year, increasing with longevity), and sick days (10 each year; unused days carry over, up to a total of 30)
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, résumé, and references to Liza Smith at email@example.com.To Apply: Liza Smith 308-532-7448 firstname.lastname@example.org