Associate and Assistant Pastors
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Riverview exists to help people find Jesus and experience true life in Him.
The purpose of the Associate Pastor of Discipleship is to coordinate and lead the discipleship of Riverview Community Church and equip members and friends to disciple others. This work entails ensuring that RCC members and friends are given opportunities to increase their biblical knowledge, develop theological understanding, deepen their love for God, engage in meaningful community, and help people find true life in Jesus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus
- Considerable understanding of the Bible and the Grace of God
- Ability to lead the ministry with sound doctrine and Christ-centered teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-organized with good time management and ministry development skills
- Possess a high level of initiative and follow-through
- Has the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality with information that arises from meetings and counseling sessions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy relationships with coworkers and volunteers
- Understand, support, and foster Riverview Core Family Values
- Participate in intentional discipleship relationships within the church
- Develop a comprehensive growth and discipleship pathway for RCC members and friends
- Develop and deliver quarterly discipleship-oriented classes that help RCC family members and friends grow
- Effectively recruit and train Life Group leaders in a growing Life Group ministry
- Select and develop curriculum to facilitate consistent, high-quality discipleship
- Recruit and develop volunteers to assist in discipleship
- Develop and execute training for Life Group leaders and other discipleship ministry leaders.
- Participate in the assimilation, shepherding, and pastoral care of RCC members.
- Be attentive to reach out to new visitors and those in need of pastoral care
- Maintain appropriate discipleship-related budget lines
- Attend staff meetings and help coordinate information with needed ministries
- Teach and preach as part of a teaching team as needed
- Pastoral/relational disposition
- Leadership and Encouragement
- College degree
- Bible or seminary training preferred
- Previous experience in ministry or Christian education in a teaching role and have completed an undergraduate degree or work experience equivalence in this field
REQUIREMENTS FOR PASTORS
- Be in agreement with Riverview’s Statement of Faith
- Embrace the Core Family Values that guide the ministry of RCC
- Perform sacerdotal functions as needed: communion, funerals, weddings, baptisms, etc.
- Available to teach as part of the teaching team
- Oversee: Life Group Ministry volunteers
- Oversee Discipleship Ministry volunteers
- Work closely with all RCC ministry leaders
- Report to: Lead Pastor