Accounting and Bookkeeping
Donor Relations Associate
The DRA reports directly to the Donor Relations Manager and is primarily responsible for the management of individual mid-level donors through cultivating and stewarding relationships, soliciting for renewed and increased annual gifts, and reporting progress. The DRA also serves as a member of the Relational Giving team within the Development department at DRM.
Hiring Range: $44,000 – $54,900 annually, based on qualifications and years of experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation, sick time, and holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement and child adoption benefits available
- Employer paid term life Insurance and long-term disability
- Health savings account and flexible spending account
- 401(k) with 5% company match
Donor Relationship Management
- By means of a tiered system effectively manage assigned pool of individual and organizational donors who give between the dollar range assigned by the Donor Relations Manager.
- Cultivate donor relationships with specified goals to renew and increase annual giving.
- Plan and implement appropriate programs for donor education, appreciation, engagement, and solicitation to include, but not be limited to, regular written touchpoints, group events including tours and volunteer experiences, and other stewardship efforts.
- Develop and implement an annual lapsed donor reactivation strategy for this pool of donors.
- Work in conjunction with DRM’s Communications team members to develop printed and digital materials to accomplish goals.
- Proactively develop personal relationships with top tier of assigned donor pool through telephone conversations, personal meetings, and correspondence to steward them for their giving and discover donors’ connections to and passions for DRM.
- Work collaboratively with Donor/Prospect Research Analyst and other members of the Relational Giving Team to identify potential major donor or legacy giving candidates and move them into relationships with the appropriate development colleagues.
Monitoring, Reporting and Database
- Monitor donor performance monthly, quarterly, and annually to achieve revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate information in Salesforce for effective database use.
- Manage effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors and identifying major and legacy giving prospects.
- Monitor performance categories and track trends (i.e., renewal rates, attrition, and average gift amounts). Donor Stewardship Programs
- Under the guidance of the Donor Relations Manager, develop and implement additional stewardship strategies for a larger pool of DRM donors as needed.
- May serve as a staff liaison/advisor for special donor affinity groups leveraging their unique interests to encourage additional engagement, personal giving, and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- May manage phone ambassador team who place thank you calls to all unassigned donors to DRM.
- All other duties as assigned by Donor Relations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in communications, business or nonprofit management preferred.
- 1- 5 years of successful fundraising development/marketing experience (or related field).
- Superior business writing skills, particularly for fundraising or proposal writing.
- Knowledge of best practices in segmented marketing strategies as they apply to fundraising.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with donor databases, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with Development team.
- High-quality leadership, professionalism, energy, passion, and drive to achieve goals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and situations.
- Must exercise excellent independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, oral communication skills required.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith and the objectives of Denver Rescue Mission.
NOTE: Occasional work-related travel may be required.To Apply: Jeremy Sanchez email@example.com