Development and Fundraising
Donor Relations Representative
Purpose: The Donor Relations Representative represents the ministry of MOPS by cultivating relationships with current monthly donors and prospective partners. This role will focus on sharing what God is doing through the ministry and will intentionally build relationships that invite people to support the
mission of MOPS financially. In addition, this role will build a robust alumni engagement program that includes in-person and online events.
- Passionately communicate the mission, scope, program strategies and impact of MOPS ministry.
- Develop and execute an annual strategy for an assigned caseload so that individuals are continually cultivated, retained, giving and engaged.
- Cultivate a pipeline of potential donors.
- Meet and exceed caseload financial goals.
- Develop a comprehensive program to engage mentors and alumni.
- Host alumni reunion events.
- Engage in Legacy and Estate opportunities with Mentors/Alumni.
- Act as liaison between volunteer group facilitators and our partner organization.
- Assist in organizing events online and in person that serve as a vehicle to develop the participant, communicate vision, connect and re-connect participants to MOPS, and present opportunities to engage more deeply with the organization.
- Increase funding through donor engagement and moves management strategies.
- Represent the ministry with passion, integrity, enthusiasm and phenomenal communication skills.
- Intentionally build relationships.
- Find and connect with the right people. Discover who they are and what they care about.
- Win personal and trusting relationships. Engage in the areas of greatest mission alignment.
- Keep donors feeling connected, updated, and valued as true partners.
- Lift donors’ awareness of the impact of the ministry and a vision for ongoing partnership as a means of building God’s Kingdom.
- Serve and Care for Donors:
- Thank donors by providing timely and personal acknowledgement of all giving.
- Create personalized reports at least annually showing the impact of donors’ giving and why it matters. Adjust according to donors’ preferred mode and frequency of reporting.
- Minister to donors by connecting on a spiritual level; encouraging their walk with the Lord, praying with and for them, and incorporating principles of biblical stewardship as appropriate.
- Invite people into deep and meaningful partnership through giving opportunities that align their ministry passions with the mission and programs of MOPS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
- Three to five years of development experience specifically working with donors required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- MOPS member, leader, or mentor experience or first-hand experience of ministry impact preferred.
- Boldness in communicating ministry needs and passion for contributing to financial stability of ministry.
- Understand the needs and interests of donors to nurture relationships and deepen engagement with them.
- Embraces a stewardship mindset of biblical fundraising.
- High degree of spiritual maturity.
- Strong spiritual character and leadership abilities.
- Responsive attitude and a servant heart.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, take initiative, set goals, and achieve them.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Good public relations and telephone skills, willingness to accommodate phone calls with donors in different time zones.
Pay range: $23- $25/ Hour
Hours: Part-time, 20-25 hrs/week, Remote or In Office (Denver)
Eligible to participate in a variety of benefits:
- Unlimited PTO
- 13 Holidays per year
- 403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
- 1 spiritual retreat day per year