Early Learning Teacher
Mission Statement: Hope House Colorado (HHC) empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them and for their children.
Position Title: Early Learning Teacher (ELT)
Full or Part Time: 20-40 hours/week based on need. Hourly, non-exempt
Reports To: Early Learning Manager (ELM)
Schedule: Shifts are scheduled between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday
Pay Range: $15.00/hour – $17.00/hour
Benefits Eligibility: Eligible if consistently work an average of 24 hours/week
Position Summary: The Early Learning Teacher (“ELT”) is responsible for maintaining a warm, welcoming, loving, educational and orderly environment while providing responsive care to infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and occasional support for school-aged children implementing activities that provide children opportunities to practice developmental milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a positive, trusting and working relationship with each child and mom through daily communication in a warm, approachable and supportive manner
- Provide individualized care for children to ensure children’s health and safety
- Work within the Early Learning (“EL”) team to create an environment that supports and encourages exploration
- Provide consistent, caring, sensitive and responsive interactions with children using positive techniques
- Model appropriate teacher/child interactions
- Positively interact with EL classroom volunteers
- Provide daily activities based on children’s needs and interests that stimulate learning in all areas of child development
- Utilize the comprehensive and developmentally appropriate curriculum, Little InvestiGators, in order to help children to meet objective targets
- Implement FirstLook Orange Bible curriculum into daily activities to enhance spiritual growth and development 0f the children in Early Learning.
- Work within the EL team to provide care for up to 10 children of various ages, ranging from 3 mos-8 years
- Provide classroom support to EL team during ASQ-3 screenings of children in EL
- Attend monthly Early Learning meetings, monthly All Staff meetings and Bi- weekly Program Team meetings, and 1×1’s with ELM
- Attend Mommy and Me events and field trips as assigned
- Work within the EL team to ensure the order and cleanliness of the EL center daily
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the values of HHC throughout the organization and external relationships.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events.
- Collaborate with HHC staff and perform job duties to advance the organization’s mission and vision.
- Supervise, support, and appreciate volunteers assisting in Early Learning and throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Potentially assist with knowledge transfer to support HHC expansion goals.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to conduct activities involving kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, reaching
- Supervise children by sight and sound
- Sit on the floor or crouch at child’s level
- Lift children weighing up to 45 pounds
- Ability to push or pull 50 pounds
- Grasp and manipulate equipment and materials
- Respond to unanticipated situations involving activities of young children
Supervisory Duties: None
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Relationship building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations
- Planning and organizing: Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals
- Approachability: Easy to approach and talk to
- Career Ambition: Knows what she wants from a career and actively works on it
- Compassion: Genuinely cares about people
- Ethics and values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times
- Humor: Has a positive and constructive sense of humor
- Personal Learning: Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal and managerial behaviors quickly
- Priority Setting: Spends time and the time of others on what’s important
- Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. We are a team and support each other in all ways necessary to continue working toward the Hope House mission.
Benefits: HHC benefits are available to employees who consistently work a minimum of 24 hours a week. Benefits offered are subject to change at HHC’s sole discretion.
- Health Benefits: Employees may elect medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans.
- Simple IRA: Employees may choose to make salary reduction contributions through HHC’s Simple IRA plan and HHC will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
Paid Time Off:
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees earn accrue vacation at the rate of .065 hours per every 1 hour worked. Accruals are adjusted to increase vacation earned per hours worked based on length of employment with HHC.
- Sick Leave: HHC provides eligible employees with paid sick and safe leave (PSSL) and public health emergency leave (PHEL) in accordance with the requirements of Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration and teamwork skills and the ability to work well with others
- Flexibility and ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Committed to continually working towards the mission of Hope House Colorado
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working with children of at-risk populations
- Experience in early childhood education, preferably with infants and toddlers
- Knowledge of early childhood education and child development principles and practices
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Education or Training:
- Child Development Associate or Associates degree in Early Childhood Education required
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/a528ed51-0e72-43fc-95e4-b001aa7281ee