Educational Coach / Tutor for Amazing Students of all Ages
Educational Coach Needed for Amazing Students
Driven by Purpose
Celebrating our 15th year as a Denver-based Personal Achievement Center for preschool through college students, our team at Learning Foundations welcomes each day excited about the positive impacts we create for our awesome students by living our purpose, “To Empower Kids and Families to Thrive.”
Together, we experience the thrill of working with students of various learning abilities, helping them make connections that unlock their capacity to learn. What a joy to teach young learners not only content but also Executive Function skills such as organization, time management, and planning as well as study habits, test taking strategies, emotional wellness, and more! We are driven by the transformation we see in students: from muddled to strategic, unsure to confident, surviving to thriving!
We are looking for a dynamic individual whose passion shines in all they do and who works hard for the success of our students!
Brief Position Overview: We are looking for an experienced, professional, and dependable Educational Coach to join our successful team in this important role.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Coach and Tutor Students One-to-One
- Build powerful relationships with kids as you support them to reach their full potential
- Masterfully teach all grade levels and subjects by breaking down complex ideas into manageable, understandable chunks
- Regularly check student portal systems, planners, and organizational systems. Track progress.
- Teach both in-person sessions and virtual sessions as needed
- Stay Connected with Families
- Write detailed progress notes of each session and email to parents within deadlines
- Coordinate scheduling with families, including any reschedules or schedule changes
- Advocate with families regarding 504 and IEP accommodations
- Contribute to our Thriving Team
- Celebrate and problem solve during bi-monthly team meetings
- Grow continuously through trainings in areas such as learning challenges, test prep, literacy, math, and more
Your Personal Attributes
- You Believe that ALL Kids Can Learn
- You Demonstrate Confidence, Trust, and Competence
- You are a strong Problem Solver and Self-Starter
- You are Highly Organized and Attend to Detail
- Friendly, Personable, and Engaging
Your Experience, Skills, & Schedule
- Successful Teaching and/or Coaching Experience
- You have been in a teaching or coaching role in the past two years and have seen great growth from your students.
- Education that Includes a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- You enjoy learning and have excelled in a college program that has enabled you to understand the intricacies of teaching and learning.
- Excellent Written Communications Skills
- When you communicate via email and in your progress notes to families, it is always well-structured, organized, and professional.
- A Schedule That’s a Bit Unique…
- You would like to work 15-20 hours per week, solely in the afternoons and evenings, Mondays through Thursdays. You like your mornings and Fridays off! Weekends are optional.
Your Bonus Skills / Experience
- Master’s Degree and/or Teacher Certification
- Neither is required but both are fantastic!
- Experience with Technology
- You successfully navigate online teaching platforms such as Zoom, MiroBoard, Quizlet, Kahoot, student portals, and more.
- Unique Expertise to Share
- You have specialized knowledge to impart on our team and families during staff meetings, Community Meetups, newsletters, podcasts, etc.
Let’s Achieve Greatness Together!
As a company, we are driven to succeed by helping students and families thrive. We have lofty goals that will require a special individual who wants to bring their expertise to a positive environment where they can grow and flourish long-term. We provide hourly wages depending on your skills and experience.
Come join our team! Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Background checks and professional reference checks will be conducted.
See our website for more information on how we are and how we coach students for transformation: www.learningfoundations.orgTo Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org