RVA Hope (Richmond, VA) – Elder
The Big Picture
RVA Hope (rvahope.org), a Richmond, Virginia based worship group is seeking an energetic, motivated Great Commission oriented mover for a full-time elder position in our fellowship. While our core group is in central Virginia, we have a clear mission to connect with and assist other church bodies which are in need of revitalization. This will require an entrepreneurial elder who can both minister in a specific local fellowship and lead the charge as we fulfill our larger mission.
We believe that the elder Jesus has for us will be able to:
- Meet the requirements spelled out in 1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Relocate to the metro Richmond area and live for at least three years
- Work effectively with the other, mostly lay elders in the fellowship, to lead in all aspects of ministry
- Operate with minimal supervision but be willing to submit to regular progress and current status reviews
- Preach relevant, timely, biblically based, expository sermons
- Model and exemplify a vibrant prayer life
- Equip and disciple believers of all ages and backgrounds for daily and everyday Kingdom work
- Fully embrace, support, and proclaim the mission, vision, and goals of the ministry
- Grow the ministry humanly, spiritually, financially, and influentially
- Express himself clearly and with excellence through both spoken and written word
- Utilize creativity and critical thinking in establishing and promoting ministry initiatives
- Be comfortable serving in new environments, regardless of denomination and/or cultural differences
- Champion the identification and full use of each believer’s spiritual gifts, individually and in community
Education: Preferably an M.Div. from a conservative, evangelical seminary, but those with a substantial biblical background and a solid history in the local church will be considered.
Experience: Ideally, we are looking for someone who is not denominationally focused or locked into just one type of church structure. In other words, we’re looking for flexibility. If your ministry experience has encouraged this, then we would like to talk with you.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as an Elder at RVA Hope?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as a an entrepreneurial Elder at RVA Hope?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of RVA Hope?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com