Youth and Children's Ministry
Elementary Ministry Coordinator
ELEMENTARY MINISTRY COORDINATOR
CHRIST COMMUNITY EXISTS TO
MAKE GOSPEL-CENTERED DISCIPLES AMONG ALL PEOPLE FOR THE
GLORY OF GOD.
THE GOSPEL ABOVE ALL
More than anything else, Christ Community is a church that is about the gospel.
Jesus tells his disciples and those who would follow, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me, go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’”
We believe Jesus radically changes a person’s life. We are to remind ourselves daily that we have been set free from the power of sin and condemnation and to live in light of this freedom. We do not work for our salvation, but our salvation has been given to us freely by God himself through faith in Christ. Therefore, we are to live out the gospel of grace every day in our personal lives as well as with those we are around.
OUR CORE VALUES
COMMUNITY & CULTURE
Christ Community in Huntersville, NC, is seeking to fill the position of Elementary Ministry Coordinator. Located in the fast-growing Lake Norman region of North Carolina, Huntersville is a suburban community which offers an exceptional quality of life and intentional small-town atmosphere.
Sharing a border with Charlotte, one of the nation’s top financial centers, Huntersville attracts many families relocating to the area and seeking a variety of quality educational opportunities for their children, as well as older families who want the conveniences of a major metro area without many of the issues often associated with city living.
The region is perfect for sports fans, and beaches and mountains are only a short drive away. Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major hub for air travel, and local universities and seminaries offer opportunities for continuing adult education.
Christ Community, a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, is a Great Commission church with a focus on evangelism, missions, and discipleship. The church has nearly 800 active members and averages over 1200 in attendance at the Sunday morning worship services across our Huntersville and Denver campuses. The services are all thriving, contemporary services with top-notch talent who honor God with their gifts in leading the church to praise God.
Christ Community exists to make gospel-centered disciples among all people for the glory of God. Everything we do, from worship, to preaching, to missions, is centered on and for the purpose of Jesus Christ.
For more information, please see our website: christcommunity.com
Purpose and Primary Responsibilities: The Elementary Ministry Coordinator will serve as part of the Kids Ministry team to accomplish our mission of making gospel-centered disciples among kids in kindergarten through 5th grade. This person must have a passion for making disciples, must be organized, hard-working, and willing to be a part of a team. This person must be able to connect well with both children and parents alike. Additionally, the Elementary Ministry Coordinator must have an eye for detail and be committed to excellence.
. Serve as the point person for all ministry to children from kindergarten to 5th grade.
· Recruit, train, and retain a volunteer team to lead in our elementary ministry environments.
· Schedule and lead all ministry volunteers for grades K through 5 on both Sunday morning Kids Community and Wednesday night AWANA.
· Ensure safety protocols and procedures are understood and enforced throughout the elementary ministry.
· Under the direction of the Director of Kids Ministry, review and edit curriculum for Sundays and Wednesdays.
· Procure and prepare materials, curriculum, and spaces for volunteers each week.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all ministry participants in the church’s database software.
· Assist in ensuring clear and timely communication to volunteers and families involved in the ministry.
· Build relationships with parents to partner with them in making disciples of their children.
· Work with the Kids Ministry Administrative Assistant to coordinate Kids Ministry for Bible studies, classes, and special churchwide events.
· Assist in planning and executing special events such as Vacation Bible Extreme and Kids Camp.
· Other duties as assigned.
. Possess an ability to organize and access a large amount of data relating to volunteers, schedules, families, etc.
· Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with and teach both children and adults in a variety of settings.
· Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellence.
· Possess an eye for detail and an ability to improve spaces, systems, and programs.
· Be willing and able to coach and correct volunteers.
· Must be committed to safety and security and be willing to enforce protocols.
· Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
. Must model a deep commitment to Jesus.
· Must be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Christ Community Church.
· Must maintain membership at Christ Community Church.
· Must possess an attitude of service with a drive to accomplish our mission.
· Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Seeking fulltime exempt position. Benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Reports to the Director of Kids Ministry. Please send cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2974To Apply: 704-875-8374