Elementary School Teacher
Darren Patterson Christian Academy (DPCA) is a small, private, Christian, expeditionary learning school,
serving students in PreK-8th grade. DPCA is looking for a knowledgeable, compassionate, and teamoriented teacher for the 2023-24 school year. Please contact email@example.com for grade specific
Essential Characteristics: The ideal candidate should be passionate about…
• Building strong relationships with staff, students, and families.
• Partnering with parents to meet the specific needs of students.
• Investing in the character training & spiritual development of students.
• Developing & implementing engaging and rigorous learning experiences, with a vision for Biblically
centered education & expeditionary learning.
• Collaborating with teachers and other staff members to create programming and experiences to
enhance student learning and engage larger Buena Vista community.
• Continuing to learn and grow personally & professionally through actively participating in professional
• Remaining personally flexible and forward thinking, constantly learning, reflecting on his or her own
work, and expanding knowledge to improve teaching practices.
• Establish and maintain standards of student behavior in order to create a safe, respectful, and
productive classroom environment.
• Learn and creatively implement curriculum for assigned grade levels with obvious measure of
organization and planning.
• Individualize instruction to help each student achieve academic objectives.
• Track and assess student academic progress and attendance.
• Provide students and parents regular feedback on growth and progress.
• Generate formal and informal reports regarding student performance and progress.
• Publicly uphold school policies, both personally and professionally, and act to enforce them within
• Participate in class outdoor expeditions, school-wide events, monthly staff meetings, and professional
• Love for kids of all ages and a strong desire to make a difference in their lives every day.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized college or university in related field of study, and/or
strong evidence of qualification through experience.
• Teaching certification or concurrent progress towards certification (preferred).
• Expeditionary Learning and/or Christian Educational background (preferred)
Job Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
TO APPLY, please see the employment page on our website at www.dpcaweb.org.