|Position: Elementary Teacher (K-2)
Start Date: Fall 2023-2024
Reports to: K- 5 Principal
The SVA Elementary Teacher will provide classroom leadership and ensure the educational development of the students in elementary school. All teachers will be responsible for the adoption of the school mission and vision as evidenced through thoughtful lesson planning aligned with the school’s curriculum components (i.e. Core Knowledge). In addition, teachers will show a commitment to furthering their own professional development and building relationships with families.
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be life-long learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Occasional lifting five (5) to ten (10) pounds • Frequent sitting and standing • Occasional bending or squatting.
- Drive and support implementation of the SVA mission, model the tone and culture of the school, and accept accountability for student achievement.
- Communicate proactively with other staff, students, and parents
- Participate in school-wide professional development as well as continuing education.
- Supervise students on campus before and after school; assist with carpool, monitor students during lunch, passing periods and other activities, discipline students according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Build and maintain strong personal relationships with parents, teachers, students and community partners;
- Ensure new families are well oriented to SVA expectations and school culture;
- Work with parents to heighten their involvement in the education of their students;
- Establish clear and age-appropriate expectations for behavior and disciplinary action;
- And be involved in the daily life of students through assemblies, recess, lunch and special projects and events.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Elementary License Endorsement and Highly Qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
Other desired attributes include:
- Experience implementing the Core Knowledge Sequence
- Passion for working in a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12
- Precise, persuasive and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with solid decision-making skills
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs
- Excellent communication skills with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents and community
- Dedication to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail documents to: 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
To learn more visit the website: skyviewacademy.org
SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.