Teaching Positions (non-pastor)
Are you passionate about education and students in elementary (grades 1-6)? Do you enjoy teaching all subjects from a Biblical worldview to inspire and challenge your students? Do you have an elementary education degree and a track record of success in teaching elementary school children? If so, we might have the opening for you. Front Range Christian School is seeking applicants for a teacher in our elementary program. Qualified candidates will have the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or an education-related field and at least 2 years of teaching experience (preferred). A Colorado State Teaching License is preferred but not required. Candidates must be active and passionate followers of Jesus Christ and have a calling to serve Christ in the classroom. This full-time position is open for the 2023/2024 school year.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Effective management of the classroom with consistent and compassionate enforcement of established school-wide expectations for behavior and conduct
- A strong background in teaching phonics-based reading
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, materials, and media to support instruction based on established curriculum scope and sequence
- Proven experience instructing students individually and in groups, using a variety of teaching methods, strategies and technologies–this includes the use of Apple technology (specifically the iPad) and Lexia Reading web-based literacy software
- Strength in observing and evaluating students’ performance, behavior, social and spiritual development, and physical health and then plan instruction accordingly; is able to adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Willingness to meet and communicate regularly with parents by phone, email and in person
- Consistency in integrating a Biblical worldview throughout all core subject instruction
- Desire to plan outside instructional opportunities (field trips, guest experts) to enhance learning
- Track record of teaching students to think and planning instruction based on higher order thinking; plans instruction in order to engage all students through inquiry, observation, examination, questioning and demonstration
- The attitude of a lifelong learner with a humble, teachable spirit, able to receive constructive feedback and pursue personal excellence in instruction
- A willingness to participate in and contribute to a cohesive K-12 instructional emphasis (scope and sequence) through regular interaction with junior and senior high school teachers
FRCS offers a great work environment with benefits for full-time employees. Our teachers do more than just teach in the classroom; they are given the opportunity to mentor students, and serve the community alongside students to be a model of Christ’s love to the world. Our goal is to raise up Christian scholars, and our mission is to partner with the Christian home in training children for life and equipping them to impact the world for Christ.To Apply: If our goal and mission resonate with you, and you’d like to see if you might be a good fit with our community, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.