Position: ESL/ELL Teacher
Reports to: Principal
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
The ELL/ESL Coordinator will work with school leadership and teachers to provide ongoing assistance to individuals, grade levels, and departments regarding second language needs and be able to deliver services to students with varying language development needs.
The ELL/ESL Coordinator will provide an educational foundation that allows each student to reach his or her individual potential. ESL programming at SkyView Academy Charter School provides instruction in English using the structured immersion approach. The ELL/ESL Coordinator will collaborate with staff to serve the needs of all English Learners; must have experience with screening and evaluating second language learners to determine identification for ESL programming; will provide targeted and intensive support to English Learners and/or co-teach in the universal classroom setting. Candidates with experience using a wide variety of sheltered English strategies and a balanced literacy approach to instruction are preferred.
Douglas County School District recognizes that the world has changed quickly, and SkyView Academy is committed to providing each student with a World-Class Education. This means that our students will be able to compete against students across the district, state, nation and the world for the most sought-after careers.
- As a teacher and coordinator, you would be expected to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Assist teachers with new teaching methods and educational tools in an ever changing and strategic environment.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences and establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Utilize technology and integrate the use of technology to provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities, instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment, observe, evaluate, encourage and provide feedback on student’s performance and development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development preparing required reports on students and activities.
- Provides results to be used in marketing and growth and share with staff to set growth goals.
- Attend and participate in state and districts required meetings (relevant to the role).
- Provide training and oversight to staff for proper implementation of services (providing proper compliance).
- Provide training to staff on how to analyze and use results to drive instruction focusing on all learners, especially second language learners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Build and maintain strong personal relationships with parents, teachers, students and community partners;
- Ensure families are well oriented to SVA expectations and school culture;
- Work with parents to heighten their involvement in volunteering and supporting SkyView Academy.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or other related field
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Endorsement, or in the process of obtaining endorsement, in Linguistically Diverse Education (LDE) or Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) learners; Highly Qualified in relevant content area.
- Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SkyView charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, college preparation, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
Other desired attributes include:
- Passion for working in a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12
- Precise, persuasive and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with solid decision-making skills
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs
- Excellent communication skills with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents and community
Dedication to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
To learn more visit the website: www.skyviewacademy.org
SkyView Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender, religious, or sexual orientation.