Administrative and Clerical
The Executive Assistant (EA) administratively supports the Development Team with emphasis on the Founder/Visionary. The EA works closely with the Executive Administrative Manager (EAM) and Development Team in order to consistently maintain organization & provide clear communication. The role requires a high level of professionalism and proficient administrative skills. It is absolutely critical that the EA be extremely detail‐oriented and have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. As this is a support position for both a senior executive office and the Development team of the ministry, discretion is also required since there will be exposure to multiple items and issues that will be sensitive and/or confidential.
The primary objective for the EA will be to ensure that the Founder/Visionary and Development Team are able to focus on their most important responsibilities for the ministry, without being bogged down by details. The EA will be expected to work diligently, collaborating and sharing responsibilities as appropriate. The EA will handle all direct inquiries internal and external. This will include working with staff, volunteers, donors, and vendors. Strong and professional communications skills are a must.
In addition to being a self-starter with sharp attention to detail, this person must be adaptable, dependable, hardworking, a team player, teachable, demonstrate the ability to prioritize conflicting priorities, display a positive attitude and model the ministry’s core values.
Although this is an hourly position, as the primary point of contact for the Founder/Visionary, the EA should
attempt to be available for emergent issues as possible, even outside of scheduled hours. Due to the sometimes-imposing needs of this position, additional flexibility will in return be extended to EA as possible. Some minimal travel may be required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Work Examples and Competencies listed are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to be exhaustive.
- First point of contact for Founder/Visionary, both internally and externally.
- Manage calendar and email, working with other team members to coordinate scheduling nee
- Assure all meeting details are planned, communicated and confirmed.
- Manage agendas, deadlines and action items, understanding respective priorities as directed.
- Support with tech needs, including backing up files, preparing for virtual meetings or interviews, logins, etc.
- Manage receipts and complete expense reports monthly.
- Other administrative tasks may include, but are not limited to: filing, typing, email and general correspondence tracking and processing.
- Coordinate logistics for onsite meetings, including but not limited to catering and room requirements.
- Data entry.
- Run errands as needed.
- Availability to take urgent calls and provide assistance outside of business hours, as needed, especially when Founder/Visionary or Development Team are traveling.
Travel and Scheduling Coordination
- Coordinate air, ground and lodging travel accommodations.
- Book and confirm external appointments as needed.
- Assist EAM with travel for President.
- Travel to offsite meetings as requested (logistics and minutes).
- Generally participate as a member of the Operations Team. Assisting with miscellaneous projects, hosting reception area during business hours, and general administrative duties.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed for this position.
- Energetic, hard-working, detail‐oriented, motivated, a self‐starter
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable, and ability to “be teachable”
- Contribute to a team effort with “just do it” mentality
- Organizational skills/filing
- Understanding of customer service and positive attitude
- “Make it better” approach
- Strong oral & written communication, listening and typing
- Problem solving, decision making, and research
- Office skills including computer, telephone, office equipment and travel coordination
- Skillful use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint