QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Social Work, Psychology, or closely related field preferred. Significant comparable work history experience in running, operating, or building a shelter could replace degree. Excellent communication skills and ability to liaison with multiple community partners, including Pueblo City/County elected officials.
- Is adaptable to change in the workplace and uses change as an opportunity for innovation and creativity,
- Takes ownership of problems, has ability to brainstorm different problem resolution paths, uses sound judgment in selecting solutions to problems, and demonstrates consistent follow through.
- Has job knowledge and skills to perform the fundamental job functions and is able and willing to assume greater responsibility over time regarding the scope of work.
- Has the ability to inspire and model collaborative teamwork.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service regarding accommodation, politeness, helpfulness, trust building, appropriate boundaries, and flexibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Under the direct supervision of the Pueblo Rescue Mission Board the duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and operate a shelter program that serves the needs of the Pueblo Community;
- Build programing of case management and other navigation services provided at the Pueblo Rescue Mission, including the meal program, shelter services, and working with community housing resources
- Serve as Lead agency for Coordinated Entry System and Built for Zero initiative.
- Coordinate, participate and develop fundraising opportunities and grant writing;
- Manage the daily staffing needs of shelter employees.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Pueblo Rescue Mission’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible the for the enhancement of Pueblo Rescue Mission’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible effective administration of Pueblo Rescue Mission’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as Pueblo Rescue Mission’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Pueblo Rescue Mission’s Mission.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Candidates must live in Pueblo County, or are willing to relocate to Pueblo County.
- Because of the corporation’s exclusive Christian religious purposes as set forth in its articles of incorporation, this position is required to hold steadfastly to the Christion religious belief that each and every employee and volunteer of the corporation should minister as a servant of God whose primary responsibility is proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and, as such, is an integral part of the Christian mission and ministry of the corporation. Additionally, the Executive Director must (a) profess a belief in Jesus Christ as personal Savior; (b) subscribe to the historic Nicene Creed of the Christian faith; and (c) who will refrain from statements and conduct that detracts from the biblical standards taught and supported by the corporation.