Services (Janitorial, Maintenance, Construction, Housekeeping, Landscaping, etc.)
Facilities Maintenance Support
Located on a 35-acre campus in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, Valor Christian High School serves a population of over 1,200 students and 200 staff. The vision of the school is to prepare tomorrow’s leaders to transform the world for Christ. Serving as a member of the Facilities Maintenance Team is an important role at the school. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values.
The Facilities Support is responsible for all maintenance needs on the campus to include all indoor and outdoor spaces, and all buildings and grounds. Safety is of utmost importance and ensuring that the working environment is safe and functioning properly is key. This individual must have a wide range of “handy-person” skills and be a good problem-solver and decision maker. Having a basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, irrigation, electrical, and some HVAC is also very important. The ability to safely operate and use a wide array of tools is a plus.
While your role primarily serves behind the scenes and in a support capacity, your work will not go unnoticed. Maintaining the campus and its structures in a manner of excellence and in ways that support the mission of the school is no small task. Every member of the Valor Facilities Team is expected to embody the highest character and strive to be dependable, reliable, faithful, and honest.
Valor Christian High School is a decidedly Christian, college preparatory school whose core values honor a biblical foundation. Valor employees are faith-filled, joyful believers who are active in a local, Christian church whose beliefs are in alignment with the school’s Statement of Beliefs. They are both called and committed to the school’s vision and mission and seamlessly integrate faith into their daily work. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values.
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
- Accept and uphold Valor’s values and beliefs as found in the Statement of Beliefs, Christian Community Policy, and Valor Culture Document
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
Primary Work Responsibilities:
- Performs general property (interior/exterior) maintenance and ensures that repairs and upkeep are timely/appropriately carried out
- Performs routine electrical repairs
- Performs routine plumbing repairs
- Performs general custodial duties
- Performs general construction repair and maintenance
- Perform snow removal (walks, drives, parking lots) as needed during the work day
- Perform event set-up and breakdown
- Provide facility support for after hour events
- Assist in on-campus office moves
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Chapel and weekly meetings with Team/Supervisor
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
- Facilities Team
- Facilities Contractors
- School Faculty, Staff, Coaches
- Food Service Staff
- Rental Event Workers
All Valor properties will be operating at peak performance and repairs/issues will be addressed quickly and with appropriate skill by the facilities team. All properties will have minimal reactive maintenance occurrences due to timely preventative work being done on all sites. Events and gatherings will be appropriately set up and expertly pulled off. Overall, due to the work of the Facilities department, the campus will leave a positive impression to all who are on site in the cleanliness and proper operation of all areas of the campus.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma required
- Additional post-secondary education and/or an associate’s degree, preferred
- Additional post-secondary education in facility/property maintenance or construction training a plus.
- Valid Colorado Driver License is required
- One (1) year demonstrated Facility Maintenance experience or verified Handy-Person experience required; construction training a plus
- Experience and/or basic knowledge of general plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical required (HVAC a plus)
- Ability to utilize multiple hand/power tools:
- Drills, saws, hammers, nail guns, grinders etc.
- Ability to do event set ups of various sizes:
- Tables, chairs, platforms, AV equipment
- Must be able to safely drive a pick-up truck with front plow and/or utility vehicle with front plow
- Must have a watchful eye and strong personal initiative to accomplish tasks assigned and unassigned
- Must be able to organize the day to accomplish tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work under a digital work order system that assigns tasks on a daily basis. Ability to manage multiple work order assignments to completion and close out
- Accepts and completes special assignments and tasks as directed by Supervisor
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to complete many tasks unsupervised, both assigned and unassigned, as needed
The same basic physical demands described here are the same for all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of their jobs. Employees must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and could occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral/depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are varied and include classroom, office, and outdoor events while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is also varied.
POSITION TYPE: C: Year-round schedule. (12-Months Traditional Work Schedule)
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Supervisor
PAY RANGE: $18-$20/Hour
START DATE: May 2, 2022To Apply: https://valorchristian.com/about/join-our-team