Services (Janitorial, Maintenance, Construction, Housekeeping, Landscaping, etc.)
Job Position: Facilities Technician
Reports to: Facility Manager
Working Hrs: 40 hours per week – 12pm-8pm Monday-Friday
Contract Days: 242 (see below for holiday schedule)- Schedule may fluctuate to include weekends and/or holidays based on need.
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
I. Basic Function
The Facilities Technician I is responsible for the overall cleanliness along with basic maintenance and upkeep of all property located within SkyView Academy’s 15 acre site. The Facilities Technician I will be tasked with daily duties that are designed to 1) provide for a safe and clean experience for all students, staff and visitors 2) protect SVA’s assets 3) ensure basic facility requests of the administration, staff and students are met. This position is expected to secure the building nightly and perform cleaning duties following school events (dances, plays, games, etc.). This position could be a point of contact for any emergency situation 24hrs/day. The Facilities Technician I will be committed to SVA’s mission and organizational success.
II. Essential Functions
- Carries a radio in order to respond to facility requests (clean-up, trash, toiletries, etc.) and emergencies
- Performs routine janitorial duties each day in order to maintain clean and healthy building (vacuuming, window cleaning, trash removal, stocking ALL restrooms/janitor closets, etc)
- Provides assistance in daily lunchroom and kitchen cleaning
- Assists in office moves, dismantling of furniture and office equipment as needed
- Hangs various items as requested (shelves, pictures, banners, etc)
- Responsible for event set-up and/or tear down as needed
- Makes wall repairs and paints as needed
- Performs minor plumbing work, requests help from outside vendor if required
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs
- Removes snow, ice and other debris to maintain safety
- Grounds maintenance
- Performs other maintenance/cleaning duties as assigned
- Reports any concerns or issues that fall outside current job knowledge to the Facilities Manager.
- Follow school and district protocols when dealing with student situations
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all staff members and vendors
- Required to be organized, schedule oriented and able to manage constant change
- Must be a team player and able to complete assigned tasks
- High School Diploma required. Must have work experience in janitorial, facilities or mechanical industries. Prior customer service is a plus.
- Through education or training MUST understand basic mechanical functions
- Must understand which tool is to be used to complete an assignment
- Must be able to understand and follow safety regulation
- Ability to follow instructions (detailed or vague) to complete tasks
- Must have the ability to recognize and use ALL different types of hand and power tools
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Utilize a computer, cell phone and radio
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict deadlines
- Ability to operate equipment (ATV, riding/push mower, weed trimmer, etc)
- Able to stand, walk, bend, balance, crawl and reach for an extended period of time
- Utilize a PC to accept tasks and manage projects
- Ability to lift upwards of 75 pound
- Must be comfortable with heights and the use of ladders
- Standing and/or walking 85-95%, sitting 5-15% of the day
- Holiday Schedule: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- PTO earned throughout the year to be taken as needed, supervisor approval.
*The above information is designed to indicate the general nature of the position as well as the basic level of knowledge needed to perform the job. The above is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of tasks, duties or responsibilities required to be performed while in this position.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more, visit our website: http://skyviewacademy.org/
SkyView Academy prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.To Apply: email@example.com