Services (Janitorial, Maintenance, Construction, Housekeeping, Landscaping, etc.)
Job Title: Facility Manager
Reports to: The Executive Pastor
Works closely with: Office Manager, Executive Pastor, and Ministry Staff
Oversees: Entire Facility and Facility Volunteers
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
South is a Jesus community driven by vision and our core values. We are passionate about following in the way of Jesus, with the heart of Jesus. We have a longing to see unchurched and de-churched people come to know Jesus and to join us on this journey. If you love Jesus and enjoy fixing things and maintaining space and grounds to ensure the stage is set for the activities, services and businesses held at our facility, then we would like to talk to you about an opening on our team.
What you might be looking for:
A place to express your love for Jesus by helping to keep our building and entire facility as a welcoming place for guests, and as a clean, functional place for our staff, and an attractive place that others in the community would enjoy using.
You will be part of a staff that loves to pray together, play together and work together.
Some things we hope people say about you:
- Jesus is your first passion.
- You thrive on relationships and bring positivity to your work.
- You take your work seriously and you don’t need to be told what to do.
- You are a joy to work alongside of.
- You thrive in gathering a team of volunteers to work with you.
Some things people say about us:
- We’re committed to your growth.
- We work hard and play hard.
- We embrace flexibility to work within your strengths and gifting.
- We offer a staff community that wants to partner across ministries and champion each other.
- Our church community feels like, “Coming home”.
How we’ll know you’re successful:
- Building issues that arise are dealt with promptly
- Preventative maintenance is happening throughout the facility
- The routine maintenance schedule is being followed
- Communication with outside vendors and contractors is happening regularly
- The exterior of the building is well-kept and attractive
- The hired cleaning company is doing their job well
- The storage areas are clean and organized
- Everything is working well in the building
- Security systems are maintained and functioning properly
- The facility is in full compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- The parking lot use is being managed well
- The needs of tenants are being addressed in a timely manner
- The facility is secured properly
- Service and event set-ups are supported.
We can offer you:
- Salary based compensation
- 100% Employer paid health plan for your family
- Employee contribution dental plan
- 403 (b) match
- Spiritual retreat days
- Paid Holidays
- Staff training and development
- Personal coaching and development
- Commitment to South’s Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks concurrently
- Basic knowledge of building operation and maintenance requirements.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours, as needed
- Initiating leader (self-starter) who can effectively delegate and manage responsibilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with volunteers and external contacts with tact, courtesy, sensitivity, and good will.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
Interested in applying?
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Steve Schroeder, Executive Pastor
Your cover letter should include brief responses to the following questions:
- Please tell us how you are well qualified for the position.
- Please tell us how this position aligns with your ministry and career goals.
- Tell us how you practice your faith, and what church you currently attend.
- Please tell us what resonates for you with South’s Mission Statement, “Living in the way of Jesus, with the heart of Jesus”.
To Apply: email@example.com