Fall Intern (August 2022)
INTERNSHIP POSITION: Multiple Locations
Cornerstone Christian Counseling is a vibrant, faith-based organization that places a high value on caring for our clinicians and clients well while pursuing excellence in all we do. Currently we are looking for a Masters-level counseling intern who would like to join our practice in Fall 2022. The right applicant will…
- Align with our:
- Mission: Helping people heal, grow, and thrive
- Vision: We will help bring about a world where people are healed, restored, redeemed, and set free.
- And Statement of Faith, found HERE.
- Be a current student within a Masters-level Mental Health Counseling Program.
- Have completed practicum prior to Fall of 2022.
- Have some experience working with children, couples, families and/or individuals. Preference will be given to applicants with some experience in play therapy, trauma (EMDR or BSP) or other specific modalities such as Emotionally-Focused Therapy. Those who are not formally trained but possess both a desire and a willingness to begin training in one or more of these areas will also be considered.
- Be available for weekly virtual group case consultation meetings, currently scheduled for Wednesdays from 9-11 a.m. AND Internship group supervision on Fridays from 12-1 p.m.
- Manage your time well. It is imperative you are punctual, reliable and timely.
- Be available at least one consistent evening each week (until 9 p.m.) or one Saturday time slot. This position requires 15 hours of availability per week, averaging 8-12 clients per week as you work toward your client hours.
- Be willing to see most of your caseload in-person during the COVID-19 pandemic (Offices in Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood, Centennial, Castle Rock, and Colorado Springs)
- Have a private, virtual home office with a secure, speedy internet connection that you are comfortable working from for a small percentage of your caseload.
- Understand that our model is a blend between a group and private practice. There are opportunities for autonomy, but we don’t want you to go it alone! We work together as a team and are constantly working towards improving ourselves individually and as a group.
As an intern at Cornerstone Christian Counseling, you will get to choose the days/hours you would like to work, and have the freedom and flexibility to control your schedule. We have a large, vibrant administrative team that will handle the scheduling of your clients, manage paperwork, and support you daily. However, you also acquire new clients only as the phone rings; a set number of clients from week to week is not guaranteed.
Cornerstone Christian Counseling may choose to offer intern(s) an employed position at the conclusion of their internship program. Cornerstone offers an attractive fee split with multiple opportunities to grow your income over time. We provide health benefits for FT employees, PTO for both part and full time employees, an annual stipend for continuing education, comfortable offices to work from, Supervision for unlicensed folks, consultation for licensed folks, and ongoing marketing and admin support. Our ultimate goal is to free you up to do what you do best: see clients!
If you would like to be considered for this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and we look forward to talking with you!To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org