Hospitality (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
Family Assistant (FT with Benefits)
A private, busy, growing family in the Southwest Denver, CO area seeks an energetic, bright, experienced full-time Family Assistant to join their evolving household team. The Family Assistant will support the family with various tasks to ensure their daily lives are supported efficiently. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, dependable, and a consummate team player. The Family Assistant will support the extended family by performing daily errands and general household duties. The role requires a healthy level of confidentiality, collaboration, critical thinking, and flexibility. The Family Assistant will work closely with other household staff to ensure the family’s needs are proactively supported.
Responsibilities include grocery shopping, running family errands, assisting with light food prep, light housekeeping/general tidying, organizing home projects, inventory maintenance, holiday decorating, occasional childcare, and assisting the family with miscellaneous tasks (i.e., administrative tasks, research projects, etc.). The successful candidate will move about the residence seamlessly while assisting, have experience working in a private home, have superb time management skills, and be a team player. The Family Assistant will intuitively assess family dynamics, possess a “no task is too big or small” mentality, and assist with various household duties.
A warm, calm, professional demeanor is required. The Family Assistant will demonstrate a willingness to listen and learn and put the family’s needs first. This position will take direction on daily tasks from the Principals. The successful candidate will possess an unwavering commitment to protecting the family’s privacy and confidentiality. This position is live-out and full-time; the applicant must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends. The schedule is generally Monday through Friday from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. Start date ASAP, but flexible for the right candidate. Local travel in support of requirements at other family-owned properties will be required. Must be legally able to drive and operate a motor vehicle. Must provide their own transportation to and from work. The family has a history of retaining valued staff for long periods and is seeking a long-term placement in this important role. Local candidates preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include:
- Run errands to support the family (e.g., grocery shopping, dry cleaning, shopping, etc.).
- Assist with organizational projects as necessary (e.g., children’s bedrooms, playroom, closets, preparing items for donation, etc.)
- Assist in the upkeep of household inventory checklists for supplies requested by the family (e.g., cleaning supplies, household items, food, wine, etc.).
- Occasional food and meal prep.
- Provide general housekeeping support (e.g., tidying and light cleaning).
- Assist other family support team members with hands-on maintenance and last-minute requests.
- When necessary, coordinate with outsourced vendors for special cleanings
- Event planning support for family gatherings.
- Seasonal tasks — Decorate interiors and exteriors of homes for Christmas and other holidays. Ensure family is prepared for any miscellaneous holiday needs and maintain household “look books” for future reference.
- Miscellaneous tasks — Water plants, occasional child care/school or bus stop pick-ups, general administrative support, research various topics as required, etc.
Education and Experience
- College graduate preferred with a minimum of two years of experience working in a similar role for a private family.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with clean driving record required; candidate should be a confident driver who is comfortable driving children.
- Verifiable references, thorough background check, drug screen, and online assessment required of all qualified finalists.
- Full COVID vaccination preferred.