Family in Christ Community Church – Senior Pastor
Denomination: Christian Reformed Church
Weekly Attendance: 500
Location: Westminster, Colorado
The Role: Senior Pastor
Meet Family in Christ Community Church:
Family in Christ Community Church is a 40-year-old congregation located in Westminster, Colorado. Building its new facility in 2006, it has a history of being a warm and welcoming place where people are challenged to live their lives on mission “beyond the walls.” While affiliated with the Christian Reformed Denomination, we mirror our larger city, both demographically and denominationally, celebrating the strength and practices of many different denominational traditions. Fond of saying: “We major on the majors, and minor on the minors,” we hold a broadly Reformed view of the world and life. Here at Family in Christ, we want to discover life with God together, for the good of the world. No matter your background or spiritual journey everyone is welcome here! Join us as we help change the spiritual terrain of our community by making & mobilizing followers of Jesus Christ.
About the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor provides vision, leadership, and inspiration as Family in Christ begins the next chapter of its journey toward changing the spiritual terrain of the larger community all around us. That vision becomes a reality as we fulfill our mission of discovering life with God together, for the good of the world.
The Senior Pastor oversees the spiritual health, development, and direction of Family in Christ with the advisory oversight of the men and women who make up the Elder Board. This will require the ability to align staff and key leadership teams toward our mission and includes engaging people in corporate worship, encouraging them to grow spiritually (individually and in the Christian community), directing them toward serving opportunities, and challenging them to fulfill their God-given mission to make disciples.
The Senior Pastor Responsibilities Include:
Strategic Leadership and Planning
- Clarify, and champion FIC’s mission, vision, and values.
- Develop catalyzing challenges/activities for the church that advance our mission, vision, and values.
- Provide leadership in vision casting and goal-setting with the Council and Staff.
- Oversee the development of the budget, review payroll and major expenditures, and monthly report financial status to the Council.
- Partner with staff and non-staff leaders to ensure staffing, facilities, and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals.
- Oversee the hiring, performance, and dismissal process for all staff in conjunction with the Elders.
- Provide vision and support to the Denominational liaison.
- Champion opportunities for continuing education/development for Staff and Council.
- Evaluate appropriate changes to organizational structure in conjunction with the Elders.
Oversee the Worship Ministry
- Deliver biblical, expositional, and impactful messages that are accessible to those new to faith, as well as insightful to those who have been life-long followers of Jesus.
- Partner with leadership teams and staff to plan and execute other creative elements that complement the teaching ministry.
- Plan teaching series 3-4 months in advance so creative elements can be developed by teams and continually seek feedback, input, and direction from the Elder Team.
- Offer direction to staff and creative teams with packaging, and promoting message series.
- Oversee the monthly administration of the sacrament of communion.
Oversee the Spiritual Health and Growth of the Congregation
- Work with the Elders and staff to develop and implement systems for the pastoral care and spiritual growth of the congregation, including Worship Neighborhoods, Life Groups, and other Support Groups.
- Provide pastoral care, mentoring, and direction to the staff, deacons, and key leaders.
- Works with the Pastor of Pastoral Care in the enfolding of new members.
- Offer support and encouragement to the Prayer Team Ministry.
Model Biblical Priorities
- Reflect a growing, thriving relationship with God by practicing the spiritual disciplines.
- Demonstrate a healthy understanding of life and faith.
- Set appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Develop personal evangelism and discipleship opportunities beyond the wall of the facility.
- Value and practice life-long learning.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 5 years minimum in Senior Leadership of a church or in a ministry context in a similar or larger size church is required.
- A Master’s of Divinity degree for denominational ordination is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven effective communication skills, including past history of delivering Biblical, expositional, and impactful messages that are accessible to those new to faith and insight for life-long believers.
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational leadership, vision casting, and developing staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a heart for people.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Committed to continued growth as a pastor and leader.
- A Shepherd’s Heart for the people they lead.
What it’s Like to Live in Westminster Colorado:
Located between Denver and Boulder, Westminster has prime proximity to the area’s exceptional intellectual capital available in Boulder, as well as the incredible millennial workforce in the Denver metro area. Plus, it is right in the heart of the U.S. 36 Tech Corridor, connecting Denver to Boulder. The metro Denver area has seen a great influx of new residents over the last decade, and it’s important to take a thoughtful approach to all of this growth. By car, bus, bicycle rail, or international airliner, Westminster moves easily. They have a superior multi-modal transportation network including an enhanced public transportation system, two-well maintained highway systems, and a superior regional trail system that connects to over 150 miles of trails – just ask companies like Ball Aerospace, Digital Globe, Zimmer Biomet, and Alliance Data. All of this growth and expansion is attracting more amenities like local and national restaurants, hotels, and shopping and entertainment experiences.
Westminster has plenty of opportunities for outdoor and recreational activities with 3,097 acres of open space, 145 miles of trails, 60 developed parks, 5 golf courses, and 6 recreation Centers. With the arrival of commuter rail, the Westminster Station area is quickly growing as an urban core of the community with great connectivity to Denver. Add in magnificent retail and entertainment districts and a historic section that is the original heart of the city, and Westminster has a place for everyone.To Apply: Rishard Bournes