Park Rapids, MN
The Family Pastor at Faithbridge Church will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive program for Christian discipleship of families, including partnering with and equipping parents, developing and overseeing ministry and outreach for children ages birth through senior high school. This position will be the primary pastor and shepherd of the junior and senior high students. This pastoral position will develop and implement teaching, recruiting, training and deployment of volunteer leaders, and provide support systems that will enable the families of Faithbridge to fulfill its vision of loving God and loving others.
Church Leadership (5 hours)
• Be a part of the Pastoral Lead team to help fulfill the church vision as a whole.
• Champion the vision and direction of the family ministries team.
• Assist in helping to care for the congregational needs of the church.
• Help in church wide events to support the mission and vision of the church.
• Participate in all staff meetings and prayer times.
• Provide theological leadership and biblical teaching to the congregation.
• Manage the budget for the family ministry team.
Leadership Development + Care (10 hours)
• Provide leadership, direction, and cohesion within the family ministries team.
• Equip, encourage and care for family ministry volunteers as they lead their teams/classes.
• Ensure that new volunteers are equipped to effectively minister to kids, students, and their parents.
Developing Relationships (5 hours)
• Working alongside the communications team, regularly connect and clearly communicate all news, events, and training opportunities with volunteers, students, and parents to build relationships and help them pursue Jesus.
Planning & Programming (20 hours)
• Plan and lead Sunday morning and midweek gatherings for junior and senior high students, including music, media, message, set up/tear down, and other activities.
• Plan and oversee Sunday morning programming for elementary through senior high school students.
• Pastoral contact for midweek AWANA program.
• Oversee all events, camps and retreats within the family ministry, which may include family camp, youth retreats, VBS, and/or family/youth mission trips.
• Establish and oversee a comprehensive curriculum between all areas of the family ministries, such as Orange or something along those lines (does not have to be the Orange philosophy per se).
• Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement, which may include Bible studies to help them understand their role and responsibilities in discipling their kids.
• Oversee the safety of children, youth, and volunteers by ensuring all volunteers have met appropriate safety protocols
• A strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by spiritual maturity and stability.
• A strong, biblically grounded marriage and family dynamic; able to manage your household well, cf. 1 Timothy 3:4-5.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college, university, seminary, or equivalent, with concentration in student and/or family pastoral ministry.
• A love for kids, students, and families, but able to connect with all generations.
• Experienced in recruiting, organizing and developing volunteer and leadership teams.
• A high energy leader and team builder with passion for lost people in the community.
• Strong conflict management and public relation skills.
• Flexible and calm under pressure and/or in emergency situations.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented, independent worker with the leadership and administrative skills necessary to recruit, engage, and lead teams, but who also thrives in a collaborative environment.
• An understanding, or at least an awareness, for special needs children ministry dynamics.
• Develop and maintain a positive, healthy “team spirit” and relationship with staff, recognizing and valuing each person and each role.
• Live an exemplary personal life of spiritual devotion and leadership that is in harmony with clear Biblical standards.
• Participate actively in the pursuit of genuine relationships with the people of Faithbridge, to be the “church” and to promote cross-generational and multi-cultural relationships and ministry.
• Participate in a Faith Group, though not expected or required to be the leader.
• Handle administrative duties and responsibilities with diligence and integrity, paying careful attention to details and deadlines, and seeking to complete assigned tasks on time.
• Maintain open lines of communication with the Lead Pastor and Leadership Team (Deacons and Trustees and Pastoral staff) in regard to ministry-related issues.
The Family Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor. The Family Pastor will have a paid ministry assistant of 10-12 hours per week who is currently overseeing the kids’ ministry and will also oversee our current volunteer nursery coordinator.