Female Live-in Community Partner – FREE HOUSING!
A unique ministry AND service experience to complement your other school or work activities!
As a community partner, you will engage residents and the community in meaningful ways to foster a culture of family, belonging, and growth at our Joy House property. Joy House is an apartment community in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Denver that serves 11 families (women & children) transitioning from domestic violence, addiction, and other unstable situations. In addition to living with and daily supporting residents, key components of the program include weekly community meals, individual resident mentoring & spiritual support, resource navigation, and community activities.
- Intangibles: Be a positive role model to residents, support community rules and values, bring a warm and engaging presence to the community
- Assist with community engagement activities by helping with and attending house meals (1-2/week) and other community events
- Work two on-duty evening shifts per week and one weekend shift per month. On-duty shifts serve to build community, check out resident medication, conduct drug/alcohol screenings, and report resident issues and emergencies to staff.
- Assist the staff team with property needs such as cleaning, yard work, and apartment turnovers
- Engage in the greater Providence Network community by attending some of our meetings, trainings, special events, and maintaining good connections with volunteers and donors
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Sense of calling to urban ministry and a mature, personal Christian faith
- Comfortable signing Providence Network’s Statement of Faith
- Compassionate and able to engage different personalities
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Prior work or experience in a similar field is a plus
- Pass a criminal background check
SALARY: $400 per month PLUS…
FREE HOUSING: Studio apartment with on-site laundry. Includes utilities, Internet and some meals. Valued at $13,000 annually.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter & resume to Program Director, Dana Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: email@example.com