Accounting and Bookkeeping
Good Shepherd Episcopal Church
Centennial, CO 80112
Position Summary: The parish Financial Administrator works as part of the parish staff under the direction of the Pastor. The Financial Administrator works in collaboration with the parish Treasurer, members of the parish Finance Committee, and members of the parish governing board to ensure that sound business practices in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado and the national Episcopal Church are carried out at Good Shepherd. The Financial Administrator plays a key role as an ex-officio member of the parish Finance Committee and as a consultant on all financial decisions.
1. Manage income recording and reporting.
2. Manage and process all accounts payable. Maintain church credit card and commercial accounts.
- Manage payroll process.
- Oversee banking needs, signature change process, serve as liaison with bank, and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Record investment, petty cash, and debt activity to general ledger, and maintain fixed asset records. Maintain accurate restricted/designated fund accounting.
8. Reconcile various sub-ledgers and systems to the general ledger.
9. Communicate with the Treasurer in the preparation of monthly financials. Prepare all financial statements and detail analysis needed for month-end closing as well as monthly Finance Committee and board meetings, and, when requested, weekly staff meetings.
10. Assist in formation of annual parish budget and input to general ledger software.
11. Maintain financial security by improving internal controls, as needed.
12. Prepare financial section of annual parochial report to the National Church.
13. Manage financial records retention system.
14. Coordinate annual audit and provide all financial information needed to auditor.
15. Attend Finance Committee meetings on the second Thursday night of each month.
16. Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting
- 5 years accounting experience
- 2 years experience with QuickBooks
- Proficient in MS Windows and Microsoft 365 (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Experience with Servant Keeper software or other church management system (e.g. Realm, Breeze)
- 2 years church or nonprofit experience
- 2 years fund accounting experience
- In office with some flexibility
- 15-18 hours per week
- $18-$20/hour depending on experience
Please email resume and cover letter explaining interest in nonprofit/church setting to email@example.com by March 25, 2022. No phone calls please.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions.
as of: 3/07/2022To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org