Accounting and Bookkeeping
At Saturn Five, we believe business is an adventure—and we love helping ideas, companies, and people get to bold new places. We do that through founding breakthrough startup ventures, finding opportunity for innovation and value-creation where some might just see an intractable problem. And we do that by owning and operating Main Street service companies that elevate people’s lives and enhance communities. Our daily commitment is to lead enduringly profitable businesses that we hold for the long-term. But we define true success by the value we generate, the betterment of the people we serve, and the good we create beyond us.
The Financial Analyst researches, analyzes, and prepares financial reports to the Saturn Five senior management and Saturn Five’s portfolio companies. This role assists with mergers and acquisitions, planning and forecasting, debt and equity capitalization, and financial performance reviews. The Financial Analyst works closely with Saturn Five’s senior management and key portfolio company management to determine the data and analysis needed. This position performs financial modeling and valuation for Saturn Five as well as portfolio companies.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information for the organization
- Develops integrated financial models, projections, valuations, and reports
- Facilitates annual budgeting process with portfolio companies and Saturn Five
- Creates presentations with senior management for current/potential investors, current/potential lenders, and other key users
- Researches and identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management
- Analyzes and creates financial reviews and metrics to ensure financial information is communicated timely and accurately
- Assists with due diligence on new acquisitions and new ventures
- Performs financial modeling and analysis for new deals, existing portfolio companies, and Saturn Five
- Prepares valuations for portfolio companies
- Assist with cash planning and distributions to members
- Assist with debt and regulatory compliance
- 4 years of finance experience (experience within private equity or investment banking preferred)
- Strong finance and accounting skills
- MBA/CFA preferred
- Strong Excel/Google sheets skills
- Ability to leverage technology for efficiency and quality (e.g. Air Table, QuickBooks Online, presentation tools, etc.)
- A strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, the ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization, creative, curious, possesses a bias towards action, trustworthy, and compassionate
Salary + Benefits:
- Health insurance, dental insurance, and PTO are provided.
- Hybrid work schedule
- 70-90k DOE