Full Time High School Classroom Teacher
We are currently hiring a Full Time High School Classroom Teacher for the 2023 – 2024 school year. This person will teach 10th and 11th grades in the coming academic year. Expertise in advanced subjects in the humanities or mathematics and the sciences is required.
Pay: $35,000 – 60,000 depending on experience and mastery of our philosophy.
At Ambleside, our educators:
- are committed to helping families flourish
- are passionate about helping children grow academically, spiritually, and in character
- collaborate to foster a community with excellent academics, healthy God-honoring relationships, and an atmosphere of joy, peace, and respect, and, ultimately, a workplace full of purpose, hard work, and enjoyment
- maintain an active, personal faith in Jesus Christ
- desire to live out their faith and disciple students to do so as well
- love reading great books
- enjoy nature, art, music, and many other subjects
- delight in introducing the good, true, and beautiful
- humbly receive feedback and are lifelong learners
At Ambleside, we believe that the best way to help families flourish is to implement the method and philosophy of Charlotte Mason in the classroom. Thus, Ambleside teachers willingly submit to Charlotte Mason’s educational philosophy and become her students. They eagerly seek to increase their own knowledge and expertise by reading, discussing, practicing, and attending educational training so that they might become better teachers and excel in their vocation.
While we value experienced educators, it is also vital that a qualified candidate embrace learning and applying our unique method of education in the high school classroom.
Ambleside teachers share a Living Education, Centered on Christ with our students. They embody our commitment: Everything with excellence. Always with humility. Centered on Christ.
If you have an active, daily commitment to Jesus Christ and share His heart for children, if you have a love for learning and reading, if you have experience with helping children grow, and a developing passion for the Ambleside philosophy, we invite you to apply.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Expertise in advanced content in the humanities or sciences
- Experience teaching junior high or high school
- A major in an academic subject from a liberal arts or sciences program
- Leadership experience in an academic or ministry setting