Church Administration (non-pastoral roles)
GCKids Program Director
Salary/Range: $50,000 - $65,000 / yr
Position Overview: The GCKids Program Director oversees all aspects of GCKids and GCPreteen large group ministry environments in alignment with our mission of leading kids to find and follow Jesus. Provides direction, structure and plans for Sunday Morning kids worship and large group teaching experiences for all kids (ages 3 – 3rd grade) and Preteens (4th and 5th grades). Supports ministry technology needs (e.g. sound, lighting, large group decor) as needed. Works with our GCKids ministry team to engage leaders, develop volunteer ministry teams and to facilitate programing which maximizes spiritual impact.
Reports to: Kid’s Ministry Pastor
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees Large Group Experiences:
- Plans weekly Sunday Morning large group experiences for ages 3 to preteen (grades 4/5) including curriculum selection, worship and teaching emphasis.
- Designs and manages large group facility environment in alignment with ministry vision (e.g. sets, etc.).
- Defines large group technology/support requirements (e.g. audio, lighting, etc.).
- Develops Teams: Develops all “on-stage” volunteer teams including teaching, worship, etc. Defines and communicates volunteer responsibilities and expectations. Schedules meetings and rehearsal times as appropriate.
- Proactive family and volunteer soul care (weekly proactive reach out to families and volunteers)
- Connects and develops relationships with volunteers, children, and families through regular and open communication.
- Implements safety and security policies and procedures.
- Oversees stage programming/tech for Vacation Bible School.
- Attends GCKids Team staff meetings and weekly staff chapel.
- Manages time and productivity to ensure regular GC worship service attendance.
- Participates in events/programs outside of normal programming as needed.
- Documents and maintains the processes required to perform the job.
Stewardship of Mission: Understands and supports Grace Chapel’s mission of leading people to find and follow Jesus. Pursues personal spiritual and professional growth through enrichment opportunities. Establishes and maintains strong team relationships. Effectively utilizes the Lord’s resources for maximum ministry impact while minimizing expenses. Creates an environment of loving Christian care.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and felt calling to vocational ministry. Minimum 3-years of experience in Kids Ministry. Proven ability to communicate God’s word effectively with kids. Models strong Christ-like character. Works effectively within a team setting. Proficient in A/V technology. Strong ability to develop others and build teams.To Apply: Alex Zakroff, Executive Pastor - Grace Chapel (email@example.com)