Grade 3 Elementary Teacher
DEER TRAIL 26J SCHOOL DISTRICT
130 S. 2nd. Avenue P.O.B. 129
DEER TRAIL, CO 80105
PHONE (303) 769-4421, FAX 303-769-4600
Hayley Whitehead, District & School Board Secretary
DATE OF POSTING: June 15, 2022
POSITION: Grade 3 Elementary Teacher
SALARY RANGE: Licensed Staff Salary Schedule Plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. Salary starts at $36,030 depending on experience and education with additional opportunities for compensation via coaching, tutoring, limited housing available. Alternative Teacher License Program Candidates encouraged to apply.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Apply online at http://www.dt26j.com Provide letter of interest along with a current resume and three letters of reference listing your qualifications and experiences for the position.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. in Elementary Education. Hold or be able to obtain Colorado Teacher’s Certificate/License in Elementary Education from Colorado Department of Education. Will consider Alternative Licensed applicants who hold a BS/BA degree.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Colorado standards and assessments and the ability to facilitate data driven instruction in standards-based classroom preferred
- Demonstrate student academic success in elementary related classroom(s)
- Depth of Knowledge and background integrating writing with all core subject areas preferred
- Selects, organizes, maintains academic instruction for Kindergarten students in orderly classroom
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Experience working with diverse populations. Bilingual in English & Spanish desirable
- Experience working with and teaching Core Knowledge content & Amplify CKLA is a plus!
- Coaching opportunities available at Middle School & High School Level
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Assignment starting date: August of 2022.
- Four-day school week (7:55 – 4:00) (164 Day Contract)
- All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval of the BOE.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- No smoking allowed in any Deer Trail 26J School District building.
- Selected applicant must comply with the District’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Deer Trail 26J does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Deer Trail 26J School District: 350 Second Avenue, Deer Trail, CO 80105, 303.769.4421, firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: Hayley Whitehead: 303-769-4421