Associate and Assistant Pastors
Growth Groups Pastor
Foothills Bible Church is a non-denominational, dynamic and unique Christian church in Littleton, Colorado. Roughly 1,600 people call FBC their home church and attend one of our 2 Sunday morning worship times. FBC really lives out their Vision that, Everyone’s Welcome because nobody’s perfect and God has BIG plans for your life.
FBC believes that Biblically based sermons and studying God’s Word are a primary way God changes a person. Roughly half of the sermons are topical, and half are expositional.
FBC has implemented the Sticky Church model of groups, originated at North Coast Church, and currently has over 80% of adults in a Growth Group. This means our church is relationally connected and simple in structure. This results in margin for people’s lives, so they can love other Christians and their neighbors well.
Denver was named the 5th fastest growing big city in the US. Residents looking for community and a thriving church find FBC to be the place for them. FBC is located in western Littleton, nestled against the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It’s the best of 2 worlds: the conveniences of modern society within 10 minutes of the rugged outdoors. People love outdoor recreation here! Skiing, hiking, mountain biking, running, camping, fishing, hunting, cooking on the grill and exploring the Rocky Mountains are deeply ingrained into the culture.
The Growth Groups Pastor will provide leadership to our congregation, so Growth Groups thrive, and more people join. This position serves on the Ministry Lead Team (MLT) to work collaboratively with other staff leaders to direct ministries and strategies in alignment with our vision. The ideal candidate for this position possesses the following characteristics: a leader of leaders, a proven track record of recruiting and training leaders and a shepherd who loves people.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the staff and lead them to continue in their support and collaboration of Growth Groups
- Grow our congregation beyond 80% of the average adult weekend attendance involved in Growth Groups
- Lead and shepherd out of the overflow of being a passionate follower of Jesus
- Shepherd the church by connecting with hundreds through intentional relationships
- Preach 6-8 times a year as part of the teaching team
- Provide annual training and vision casting to Growth Group leaders
- Responsible to lead the Growth Group Question writing team
- Possess a strong stage presence to host or lead communion during worship services
- Teach part of the New Members class
- Seasoned leader familiar with leading from brokenness and team collaboration
- At least a decade of Multi-staff church or para church ministry experience
- Competent at counseling, weddings, funerals and other general pastoral tasks
- Biblically trained, a graduate degree from an evangelical seminary or equivalent, and/or extensive experience in church ministry.
Qualities / Personal Characteristics
- Loves people
- Relational style of leadership
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for eldership
- Aligns with FBC’s mission, vision, strategy and doctrine
- Financial integrity
- Sexual integrity
- Self-aware and teachable
- Maintains healthy family relationships
- Accepts accountability
- Lifelong learner
- History of healthy conflict resolution