Coaching and Sport-focused
Head Coach – Wrestling
A Head Coach of Valor Christian Athletics exists to prepare tomorrow’s leaders to transform the world for Christ within the platform of the sport. As a committed follower of Jesus Christ, the Coach will provide excellent support of the program including intentional development of the athletes’ faith in Jesus Christ and excellence in Christian Character, while instilling great work habits, and teaching, stressing and monitoring the primacy of Academics.
The Head Wrestling Coach is responsible for the strategic development and management of a world-class Wrestling program. Success of this position will be measured both by individual and team goals. Valor seeks to continually advance the passions and dreams of each student athlete to compete at the highest level possible.
Valor Christian High School is a decidedly Christian, college preparatory school whose core values honor a biblical foundation. Valor employees are faith-filled, joyful believers who are active in a local, Christian church whose beliefs are in alignment with the school’s Statement of Beliefs. They are both called and committed to the school’s vision and mission and seamlessly integrate faith into their daily work. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values.
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
- Accept and uphold Valor’s values and beliefs as found in the Statement of Beliefs, Christian Community Policy, and Valor Culture Document
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’sAnnual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
Provide Intentional Development of Athletes’ Faith and Christian Character
- Develop and execute Spiritual and Character Development Plan
- Facilitate the athletes’ development of their God-given abilities to the fullest in both life and on the field
- Be a positive Christian role model for all the student-athletes at the school
- Actively foster relationships to establish team and coach buy-in.
- Conduct proactive conversations and planning with coaches to further develop understanding and trust.
Demonstrate Excellent “Follow”-ship and Leadership in sport and the Athletic Department
- Support the Team Plan set the Head Coach and be responsible for its execution
- Partner in the development and implementation of daily practices
- Film breakdown and game analysis
- Scouting of upcoming opponents and implementation of game plan
Partner Exceptionally with Community of Support Available in Valor Athletics
- Be committed to partnering with parents
- Support athletes in being their best physically through the Valor Performance and Valor Sports Medicine programs
- Assist athletes and families in College Recruiting process with the College Recruiting Coordinator, when applicable
- Know and understand CHSAA rules and regulations with Director of CHSAA Compliance
- Be a contributing member of the Valor Coaches Association by attending VCA events
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Lead and Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Valor Coaches Association, Chapel and weekly meetings with Team/Supervisor
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
- Athletic Director
- Assistant Athletic Directors
- Head Coaches
- Director of Performance / Performance coach assistants
- Head of Sports Medicine
- All Student Athletes
- Valor athletes will perform at the top level of their God-given ability
- Annual operating goals are fulfilled with excellent work; on time and on budget.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous outstanding experience in coaching Wrestling
To Apply: https://jobs.jobvite.com/valorchristian/job/ot2Ymfwz
POSITION TYPE: Seasonal, Stipend
HOURS PER WEEK: Part-time. Will not include benefits, including sick/personal leave.
SUPERVISOR: Athletic Director
PAY RANGE: $5,000 – $20,000 per Year (Stipend)
START DATE: June 1, 2023