Youth and Children's Ministry
High School Director
Waterstone was started over thirty years ago in the front range of Colorado with mission to preach and embody Kingdom ethics in our area and abroad.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable engaging culture with the conviction that God renews all things–affirming that which reflects God’s heart and identifying that which does not. The High School Director will lead our high school students in understanding their world, our call as disciples and the Kingdom of God’s importance in it all.
General Purpose: To pursue the vision, mission, and guiding principles of Waterstone by overseeing the ministry to high school students under the supervision and leadership of the Student Ministries Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing leadership and management for the ministry to high school students (9th-12th grade) under guidance of the Student Ministries Pastor.
- Oversees all ministry programming for the High School Ministry including midweek services, small groups and special events.
- Promotes a successful ministry strategy for the High School Ministry to include recruiting, development, and empowering volunteer leaders.
- Ensure alignment of goals with the vision of Waterstone by working with Student Ministries Pastor to coordinate church-wide plans and objectives.
- Accomplishes all High School annual goals on-time and on-budget.
- Communicates vision, ministry philosophy, strategy and goals to students, parents and volunteers of the High School Ministry.
- Attends a weekly worship service.
- Meets weekly with supervisor to review progress, plans and issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Experience or other background demonstrating application of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 2 years church or para-church ministry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of:
- Computers and software programs, including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Workplace policies and procedures.
- Financial budgeting and reporting.
- Audio visual equipment