Position: High School English Teacher
Reports to: High School Principal
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be life-long learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
SVA High School Teachers Will:
- Have a deep passion for learning and the subject matter being taught.
- Support implementation of the SVA vision & mission, helping set the tone and culture.
- Engage students in meaningful Socratic dialog on a consistent basis.
- Differentiate instruction to address various learning styles.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management and discipline.
- Communicate proactively with students, staff, and parents.
- Attend Capturing Kids Hearts, a 3-day training, during the summer, if hired..
- Develop curriculum with assistance from the High School Principal and/or Head of Schools.
- Understand that student learning is the measure of successful teaching.
- Embrace feedback from administration in a continuous improvement modality.
- Implement the SVA standards-based grading policy.
- Build appropriate professional relationships with students.
- Collaborate with other SVA staff in all aspects of the school.
- Supervise after school detention as needed in cooperation with other High School faculty.
- Be involved in the life of the school – Clubs, Sports, Community Service, and/or Character Program.
- Monitor lunch and/or hallways on a rotating basis with other High School faculty.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Meet Highly Qualified criteria for the state of Colorado
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
Other desired attributes include:
- Experience implementing the Core Knowledge Sequence and Classical teaching methods;
- Passion for working in a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12;
- Precise, persuasive and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills;
- Entrepreneurial attitude with solid decision-making skills;
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs;
- Excellent communication skills with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents and community
- Dedicated to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
Please submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more visit the website: skyviewacademy.org
SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.