Youth and Children's Ministry
High School Girls Coordinator
Ministry: Student Ministry
Position Title: High School Girls Coordinator
Reports To: High School Pastor
Position Type: Part Time / Salaried / Ministry Exempt
Purpose of Role: Support and develop all aspects of High School Ministry connection, alongside the High School Pastor, with students encompassing grades 9th thru 12th living in proximity to Journey Church Colorado.
➔ Creates a healthy ministry culture, especially with our girls in grades 9-12, focused on mentoring growth and next steps
➔ Cultivate and invest in relationships with Journey students and their families
➔ Actively recruits and champions serve team volunteers for student ministry.
➔ Assists Student Worship Leader in recruiting and managing Student Worship Team volunteers
➔ Supports the content management, engagement, and distribution of Students Social Media General responsibilities
● Weekly follow up with new students. Send invites and connect with small group leaders
● Weekly follow up with students who are new believers.
● Supports student ministry in the areas of slide creation and advancement (sermon and worship), lights, music and other basic tech
● Support Student Worship Coordinator in raising up and training students in the area of creating/running worship/sermon slides, lights, music and basic tech
● Develop Discipleship tract for students
● Supports Student Pastor in running all activities, camps, events, programming.
● Supports Student Social Media in the areas of: Daily posts, Promoting all events, camps and retreats; Worship and preaching videos; Weekend Recap/Encouragement
● Communicates, collaborates and steps in to help with other staff regarding all Ministry/Church activities, special Sundays and holidays.
● Attends weekly Team meetings and any other staff meetings as requested.
● Pray regularly for the church and its people, and model spiritual vitality and accountability.
● All other duties as assigned. Experience & Knowledge Required
● Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Passion and talent for working with students grade 6-12
● Proficiency in Word, Excel, Mac OS, Google Docs. Ability to learn and use CCB Software.
● Strong Christian character as described in 1st Timothy 3:2-7.
● Teaching/preaching and public speaking skills, and comfort with teaching about spiritual matters to students.
● Ability to craft messages, teaching series, and small group resources applicable to and engaging for students.
● Ability to work with a team to plan and execute large events and environments. Willingness to put yourself out there, ask for help, reach out, etc.
● Excellent organization, time-management, and multi-tasking skills. Reliable, trustworthy, and excellent at following through on details. Possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
● Personal Love for God and Love for People.
● Work ethic that is excellent, protective of the church, and frugal with time and money.
● Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the church.
● Supports the mission of Journey Church of being an active member and attender.To Apply: Micah Priest (303-886-8940) (email@example.com)