High School Worship Leader
High School Worship Leader
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of Authentic Life Church by reaching youth through worship.
Authentic Life Church is a new church of about 700 and exists to help people build authentic relationships with God and others. We execute this purpose by focusing on growing people in worship, service, generosity, community, and evangelism. We are an outreach church, focused on creating environments that are conducive to both bringing in the unsaved, reaching them with the gospel, and discipling them toward maturity.
High School and Young Adults Pastor (under the direction of the Worship Pastor)
Authentic Life Church is seeking a Christ-centered individual with a heart for worship to lead our High School Worship. A person that is willing to be creative and dedicated to connecting students to our creator through musical worship. Our hope is to raise the affections of God’s youth, growing their passion for worship. Authentic Life Church is a bible-believing, evangelistic church. Our preaching style is relational, and our worship is God centered and deeply experiential. Authentic Life Church is in Littleton Colorado. (www.authenticlifechurch.com)
To apply or to get more information, please email: Debbie@authenticlifechurch.com. This is a part-time position (approx. 8 hours per week).
Heart of Worship, Self-Starter, Highly Creative, Team Player, Takes Initiative, Positive and Optimistic Attitude, Compassionate, Good Listener.
Lead Youth in Worship.
- Lead worship for the High School Ministry on Sunday Nights.
- Works with the High School Pastor to facilitate getting new volunteers into places of service in an effective and timely fashion.
- Develop a full band for High School ministries (this can be students from the ministry or young adults willing to serve in this area – Elevation Youth would be an example of our desire for the youth).
- Help plan the evening as it relates to set lists, energy elements, etc.
- Makes sure that pastoral care is available to youth worship team members as special needs arise.
- Create an atmosphere conducive to worship. This involves assisting in leading our tech volunteers (lights, sound etc.) and running click and backing tracks. We will provide any training needed.
- Recruit, motivate and equip volunteers.
- Learn how to create, develop and train leadership within the worship team.
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly with the High School Pastor.
- Work with the High School Pastor, worship leaders, and key staff leaders to help them place new volunteers into meaningful places of service in order to accomplish the mission of the High School Ministry and of ALC.
- Must be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Must demonstrate a high level of trust and should be ever conscious of the need for a high level of confidentiality, and exercise discernment and wise judgement.
- Must be a self-starter and team player that is loyal to the vision of the ministry.
- Must be willing to attend Authentic Life Church.
- Participate in weekend services and all-church activities, including staff and prayer meetings.