Associate and Assistant Pastors
Hope Church – Assistant Teaching Pastor and Women’s Ministry Pastor
>> Apply HERE! <<
Weekly Attendance: 6500-7000 Pre-Covid
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
The Role: Assistant Teaching Pastor and Women’s Ministry Pastor
Meet Hope Church:
At Hope Church, our mission is clear: We want to engage our unchurched neighbors of every age and ethnicity to experience Jesus. “What exactly is ‘un-churched?” you might ask. Un-churched is not only those who have never been to church but also those who may have grown cold to the idea of church. Those who feel that church is nothing but shame, guilt, and judgment. Reaching the un-churched has been our focus from day one.
We try to be different. We try to offer a place of powerful worship and timely, relevant, life-application messages rooted in Bible truths. We don’t care what you wear, we just care that you’re here. We provide a safe, welcoming place for new guests checking us out, but also a gathering place for friends and small groups that want to dive deeper into God’s Word.
Our process is simple: To the extent, a person is involved in Worship, Community, Service, and Generosity are to the extent they will experience the peace, purpose, and power of Jesus Christ.
The Assistant Teaching Pastor and Women’s Ministry Pastor is a key member of our Next Generation Preaching/Teaching Pastoral Team, who shepherds the flock via the ministry of the Word, the Sacraments, and officiating Life Cycle Moments (weddings, funerals, etc.). In addition, this Assistant Pastor (AP) will direct Hope’s dynamic, large Women’s Ministry, which employs four staff + deploys dozens of leaders.
The Assistant Teaching Pastor and Women’s Ministry Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- Preach at least 3-4 times a year from the main stage for Weekend Worship + 6-7 times in the Stirring Sunday Night Worship –and serve as a LITURGIST for prayers, readings, announcements etc.
- Oversee the Monday and Wednesday Midweek Bible Studies + Small Groups for the Women’s Ministry. May or may not choose to teach in any given semester.
- Recruit and train emerging leaders.
- Administer the Sacraments.
- Officiate significant circle of life events such as weddings, funerals, and dedications.
- Attend Tuesday Creative Design (CD) weekly meetings + bi-annual CD Retreats.
- Maintain Department budget and supervise employees.
- Collaborate with the Communications & Visual Media Teams.
- Other duties as assigned, especially on weekends and other high-holy worship opportunities.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- M.Div. Seminary Degree is required.
- Ordained in the EPC is preferred but not initially required.
- Multiple years of experience in organizing general and specific spiritual events is preferred.
- 5 years of productive mid-level or senior-level leadership experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the Holy Scriptures, biblical ministry models, and strategies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to change, with a relaxed mental attitude.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Comfortable and confident working in an age and ethnically diverse atmosphere.
- Ability to relate to others and collaborate with them.
- Grace-filled and a servant leader.
- Dynamic and passionate.
- Humorous and energetic.
What it’s Like to Live in Memphis, Tennessee:
Memphis is a historic city in Shelby County with a population of about 650,000. It lies on the Mississippi River in southwest Tennessee, famous for its influential origins of blues, soul, and rock ‘n’ roll. Memphis has a dense suburban population. This town is home to families and young professionals alike as the job market is prosperous. The cost of living is very affordable and one will always find themselves with something fun to do any time. Memphis is very diverse, so there are many opportunities to experience different cultures and top-notch food options.
People adore Memphis for many reasons such as its music, historical sites, ample activities, and famous BBQ. The city offers reasonable public, private, charter, and college education opportunities. Memphis is also the home of the iconic St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Fed Ex Corporation, the NBA Memphis Grizzlies, and the National Civil Rights Museum. Tourists and locals will always find themselves welcomed into this community in which everyone tends to know and take care of each other.
>> Apply HERE! <<To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org